No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archer guy. We wont see much anymore. I have dozens of pics of a guy and so does txbowhunter. He hangs around my feeder about an hr or so a couple times a week with a bag a chair and shotgun. Havnt seen one deer since he started showing up. I pulled my gear out today and found that he or someone took a knife to my popup and pushed my feeder over to dump piles of corn. I think its a poacher. He never allows camera to get his face.

Comment

That is disconcerting to say the least dodgeman. So sorry to hear that. Especially about damage to your pop up. No excuse for that at any time. I thought something was up. All my deer pics have been nocturnal for a couple weeks now. I do have a picture of a guy in camo and lots of gear from a couple weeks ago, about the time everything went nocturnal. Looked like he did not care there was feeder there. I will pm his picture when I can get it back up to see if you recognize him. I have had that "uncomfortable" feeling for a while. Even checked my stand to see if someone had been sitting in it. So, are you guys done hunting? Sure hate to see that. Just checking so I will know if I am out there by myself now. Have you told Brad and the game warden?

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
        Archer guy. We wont see much anymore. I have dozens of pics of a guy and so does txbowhunter. He hangs around my feeder about an hr or so a couple times a week with a bag a chair and shotgun. Havnt seen one deer since he started showing up. I pulled my gear out today and found that he or someone took a knife to my popup and pushed my feeder over to dump piles of corn. I think its a poacher. He never allows camera to get his face.
        Need to let Brad know so they can look for this guy. If you have pics post them so we can see. What area are yawl hunting that this guy is hanging around?

Comment

I posted a couple on the ctb fb page. He has been on 3 different cameras. We are in 9b and the cameras he is on i spread from one end to the far north on lake property. I know its public hunt land but gessh i would respect others spits if i see them. If i see a stand or feeder while dove or rabbit hunting i back out and go a different way.

Comment

I've got some pics of that guy that show his face. I'll post some later when I get to the house. I havent seen any deer since he started showing up on my camera.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
              I've got some pics of that guy that show his face. I'll post some later when I get to the house. I havent seen any deer since he started showing up on my camera.
              any update on them pics

Comment

Here they are. If you guys see him anywhere out there let Brad know.

Last edited by TXBowhunter2009; 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Comment

Thats not good. Some people never learn.

Comment

Got another one yesterday no buck yet

Comment

Otw back out to try for last min buck.

Comment

I will be there tomorrow. 7 days and counting

Comment

Saw a deer with arrow sticking out of it side look like the hind leg when I was walking back to truck this evening. It was standing on the edge of the tree line. I only saw it because the arrow had a green lighted knock that caught my eye. When I shined my light at it it ran off but with a hop limp. Funny thing there where no other hunters tonight so I think it was shot it a back yard illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                            I will be there tomorrow. 7 days and counting
                            Tomorrow is the last day.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                              Tomorrow is the last day.
                              Next Saturday is the last day...31st

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                                Next Saturday is the last day...31st
                                Yep