Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
    All at nigh and no consistency. I counted only two days that deer (both bucks) showed up at my feeder during daylight. Rest of em coming anywhere from
    7p-3a.

I do however have some trophy sized raccoons at my feeder.
    Those coons are on me to apparently. Torn through a berry block in 2 weeks and eat their weight in corn every night.

Comment

I havent had very many coons this year. They were there at first, but i havent seen any in a while now. I sure wish the shooter bucks i saw earlier in the season would come back out.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
        Yea day 1 was easy shoot. Deer didnt care. Now they see you and its over. Hide well. If anyone on here gets site 119 the deer come through on the right side of the fenced area and go back behind it. Get in a popup in the cedar and oak on left of camp or in the cedars on the right.
        I'm at 119

Comment

Watch towards left at like 113 115. Deer pass through going north just before daybreak. There are lights there so you can see pretty good if you can sneak down a couple sites

Comment

Quite so far no deer bedded in the tall grass like last night when I pulled in to set up.
            Last edited by justintyme8303; 12-16-2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Guy hunting across the street running late he just pulled in. I guess they are not holding us the the posted start and stop times they posted.
              Last edited by justintyme8303; 12-16-2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Nice buck just walked through.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                  Nice buck just walked through.
                  Nice! Maybe the deer are finally getting used to all the hunters. Keep us posted. I'm curious how this whole thing is gonna turn out.....I don't see all 130 tags getting filled.

Comment

Done for then morning nothing else ever came by.

Comment

I got a doe @3:30 going back in the morning

Mine was the fist deer since Thursday like 9 so far and Leroy said he shot an 8 pt

Comment

I got a doe @3:30 going back in the morning

Mine was the fist deer since Thursday like 9 so far and Leroy said he shot an 8 pt
                        Congrats on the doe. Did Leroy shoot the buck in the park? He was hunting with us in group 1.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                          Congrats on the doe. Did Leroy shoot the buck in the park? He was hunting with us in group 1.
                          Yes out if one of the latter stands and he is still hunting with us and coming back with last group too from what I gather.

Comment

Yes out if one of the latter stands and he is still hunting with us and coming back with last group too from what I gather.
                            Must be nice. I think he kills more deer than anyone else out there. Several yars ago I ran into him out there and he said he'd already killed 14 deer.

Comment

Good luck group 4 seems like they are using the shore banks more to move around now

Comment

And the guy pile is getting pretty rank!

Comment

Working...
                                X