Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
    I got Group 2 and so did my buddy.
    Group 4 anyone ever hunt the park before?

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
      Group 4 anyone ever hunt the park before?
      Scouted it before I knew i would be closed. Lots of deer, the move from the park to the Fenceline neighborhood. Hunt as close to the fence as they will let you. You will see the trails.

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
        Scouted it before I knew i would be closed. Lots of deer, the move from the park to the Fenceline neighborhood. Hunt as close to the fence as they will let you. You will see the trails.
        I think spots are going to be set up already looking at the map not close to a fence line.

Comment

Where did you see a map?

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
            Where did you see a map?
            Was in the attachment in the first email that went out page 4 after the rules and hunt schedule.

Comment

Anyone camping during hunt? Depending on temps me and txbowhunter2009 probably will. But we are both group 1.

Comment

I'm in group 2. The 2 spots on the retention pond should be good too.

Comment

I'm in group 1...

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
                    I'm in group 2. The 2 spots on the retention pond should be good too.
                    Should be until coyotes and buzzards take over. Thats where they want field dressing to happen.

Comment

I'm in group 1 also. Wondering how y'all are planning to hunt. Ground blinds? Lock on stands? Or just sit at the picnic table until one shows up?

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                        I'm in group 1 also. Wondering how y'all are planning to hunt. Ground blinds? Lock on stands? Or just sit at the picnic table until one shows up?
                        You should brush in a blind on top of the picnic table, sounds epic. Take pictures.

I have no idea what i'm going to do, do we hunt/camp at the same place?

What does it mean by 5am prearranged entrance
                        "Arrivals before 5:00am will need to be prearranged."

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                          I'll probably bring my ground blind. I don't think there are many trees big enough for a loc on or ladder in that area. I do know there are alot of cedars. I'll probably brush in my pop up ground blind between a couple of cedars if I dont get one of the ladder stands by the drainage ponds. I'm sure those will be the first to go though. The deer in the park are alot like pets...I dont think it'll take much. You could probably sit on a picnic table in a yellow tshirt and still see plenty of deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post

What does it mean by 5am prearranged entrance
                            "Arrivals before 5:00am will need to be prearranged."
                            I'm sure its got something to do with the fact that the gates are locked shut until 6:00am. When I used to use my boat to get up river to hunt I had to leave my truck and boat in the trailer parking area at the boat ramp overnight and have someone drop me off at the gate to get to my stand before sun up. I'd hop over the gate and walk to the truck and put my boat in the water before the gates ever opened. Why they can't open the gates earlier for hunters is beyond me.

Comment

Where did everyone go?

Comment

Same place the all the deer went it seems...vanished....hehe.....sure wish i been able to take a doe early on so I could have harvested a couple of those nice bucks I have had to watch this year and just stare at. The deer traffic on my camera has gone to just about nothing except the middle of the night. Seeing even less when on my stand now. How about you dodgeman? I am still in the hunt for the elusive doe or spike this year in shooting range and not out through the tree's in the distance. Sure wish we could shoot Turkey's though...

Comment

Working...
                                X