No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys better get after your bucks now. I gave my kid the green light on 1 buck before bow season. He never sealed the deal with his longbow. He broke off a tine last week. Kid was begging to shoot him with a rifle. He shot him this morning with a 22-250 running a doe. They have been running hard for about 10 days so I would imagine your opportunity to catch an older buck during the day is falling off. Only reason I let him shoot this deer is he is 5 plus and isn't going to get in better. Would post pics but cant from my phone.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        You guys better get after your bucks now. I gave my kid the green light on 1 buck before bow season. He never sealed the deal with his longbow. He broke off a tine last week. Kid was begging to shoot him with a rifle. He shot him this morning with a 22-250 running a doe. They have been running hard for about 10 days so I would imagine your opportunity to catch an older buck during the day is falling off. Only reason I let him shoot this deer is he is 5 plus and isn't going to get in better. Would post pics but cant from my phone.
        Congrats to your son.

Comment

I had a stud of a big 10 point in here at th house. He had real yellow antlers. He just couldn't leave the ladies alone.

Comment

What side of lake do you live on?

Comment

I saw a big one this morning at least 20 wide...couldnt count points he was running a small buck away from a doe...right behind my feeder...closest he got was 80 yds...talk about a rush...I hunt off williams drive...saw 20 deer this morn and a giant...wish I had gotten a pic..maybe he show up tomor...

Comment

Saw a nice 7 with a doe yesterday morning driving to my spot. Also hunted the afternoon and had an 8 come to the feeder at 4:30 he was too close to 13" to shoot so one more year for him. About 10 min after he left a doe showed up looked spooked like she was being chased but she bolted after a few min and I never saw the buck if there was one.

Comment

Off to hunt

Comment

Sat this morning and had a non legal 4 pt come in and buffet my feeder. Had a spike roll through about an hour after him but no shot.

Comment

Acorns must be bad cause there pounding my corn....also I will let u guys hunting gtown in on a secret, these deer love mollasses and record rack berry scented blocks from tractor supply, I mean they will eat a 33 pound block gone in 9 days in my feed pen...they are on sale at tract supply for 9.99 right now..not building horns anymore of course but its like having a candy store...lol

Comment

hey vach03 i emailed you

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                          Acorns must be bad cause there pounding my corn....also I will let u guys hunting gtown in on a secret, these deer love mollasses and record rack berry scented blocks from tractor supply, I mean they will eat a 33 pound block gone in 9 days in my feed pen...they are on sale at tract supply for 9.99 right now..not building horns anymore of course but its like having a candy store...lol
                          Thanks for the heads up I'll swing by and pick one up.

Comment

put out a 50lb apple block today. they seem to like the apple corn too

Comment

Mine are eating the corn off 3405. Heading out there tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

They are all over the corn on the north side. I shot a doe and a spike last night, multiple deer kept coming back and fighting over the corn. The rut is going strong, multiple mature bucks grunting and chasing does on Sunday morning, but none taken. When I checked in at Tejas last night, noticed a nice 10pt was taken in 6b last week; the guy said it was the biggest he had seen taken at Lake G. Wondering if its the buck in the pic above?

Comment

Working...
                                X