Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
    Goin out to check things. will be there in the morning. Why would any hunter go out on a saturday morning to scout for a new spot. he is lucky someone didnt send an arrow his way.
    Prob hoping to see deer moving so he could set up on them for the next day.

Comment

I was sitting this evening. Nobody had touched my setup from what I could tell.

Comment

Went and sat in stand from 6am to 11am and seen a turkey and then heard a turkey get killed by a bobcat about 30 yards away.

Comment

Went and sat in stand from 6am to 11am and seen a turkey and then heard a turkey get killed by a bobcat about 30 yards away.
          Yup, I've seen 10-20 turkey each time I'm sittin....just no deer. Sat last night and had turkey and a fox roll through my spot.

Comment

Was there Saturday afternoon/evening. Heard some brush/branches break about 125 yards to the west of me.

Nothing else

Comment

Seeing a lot of new scrapes

Comment

vach03 i sent u a pm

Comment

oh we also ran into a guy this evening out there that just got approved for 9e i think. i bet he was one of the guys walking out there sat morning. he has an older tbh sticker on back glass so he prolly will respond on here. better to know who's around you than not. might need a hand or see things out of place or something. good luck everyone and smoke'em

Comment

dodgeman, sent you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_Guy View Post
                      I was at my stand in 9B this morning. Day started off wet, quiet, and cloudy but was not seeing any deer. So I thought I would stay late till the sun came out at least because I could today.

About 9 am I hear voices up towards the clearing. Odd. maybe a couple of the guys that know each other walking out. Later I hear more. kinda fades in and out. THought someone might be looking for a wounded deer. Sooo, about 10:00 deciding if I will just call it quits for the morning, seeing nothing but squirrels and birds.

I look up to the edge of the clearing my feeder is set up in, and two men walk in and look around. One in full camo, backpack, and what looks like a gps. the other in shorts. I say "hellooo", and shorts guy heads back the way they came. I say it louder, wave my hands. I finally get a recognition wave from camo guy with a "sorry" and they hot foot it out of there.

Well, my morning is over, so I head to the truck and try to find these guys on the road. I do find them walking along looking off into the trees. Ask them if they need help finding a deer. Nope, they are just "scouting" for a new location, since he is not seeing any deer at his stand in another unit! and one was not even a draw hunter this year.

I tell them that I have met 4 other hunters with setups in this unit, so there are at least 5 of us in this fringe of woods. The reply? Yeah, we found 3 other feeders this morning besides yours! They busted at least 4 stands this morning before 10am! They had to be going around before 8am just to find that many of us. If he was in his stand sitting still, he might have seen something!

So those of you on here that have stands in 9B and 9A might want to check your gear just in case....

Maybe COE should require a "hunter etiquette" course along with a shooting score for people like this...Bet Paul at Double G would have fun teaching that one!
                      Ha Ha, welcome to public land hunting. I had guys literally setup on top of me every year. One year I killed a doe and trailed her for 60 yards. She died right next to another guys setup. He saw her run in and die, lol It was pretty funny to be honest

Comment

oh we also ran into a guy this evening out there that just got approved for 9e i think. i bet he was one of the guys walking out there sat morning. he has an older tbh sticker on back glass so he prolly will respond on here. better to know who's around you than not. might need a hand or see things out of place or something. good luck everyone and smoke'em
                        didnt mean to sound like i was bashing the guy we met in the road lol. I know its public land and it gonna happen, i just dont understand why he would do it on a saturday morning. It isnt the same people for sure after talking to archer guy. Good luck everyone

Comment

Anyone hunting today?

Comment

Would be a lot cooler if I was hunting today.

Comment

I'm headed that way now

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                                I'm headed that way now
                                Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X