Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat this morning. Had two does come in but no shot. Also saw about twenty turkey.

Comment

Anyone shot any bucks this year? My 12 year old has been hunting a high 20's 8 point since opening with his longbow. Never had him at less than 20 yards. He asked me yesterday if he can rifle hunt this weekend and Im considering it. Ill post a picture on here if he ever kills it.

Comment

Finally had a doe come in, but the fawn that was with her was so darn small, I did not have the heart to take her down. Hopefully I get rewarded soon for that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by captainmike View Post
          Finally had a doe come in, but the fawn that was with her was so darn small, I did not have the heart to take her down. Hopefully I get rewarded soon for that decision.
          I hope the hunting gods reward you for your decision!

Comment

Capt. Shoot any doe and it will help the natural browse out there. Fawn will survive

Comment

They are going to pull all stands and feeders not marked with permit numbers after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
                They are going to pull all stands and feeders not marked with permit numbers after this weekend.
                Where did you hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                  Where did you hear that?
                  Better question why did the wait so long?

I'm guessing they have a list already and will do it mid day to not mess up hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                    Where did you hear that?
                    They sent out an email. I didn't have my permit number on my feeder so I got an email telling me to mark it before the end of the weekend. Just FYI in case your like me and forgot to put it on there.

Comment

I spoke to Brad at the office today on another issue, and this came up. Apparently they have checked the stands and are sending emails to those that have not marked theirs.

I asked about mine, which is marked, and he had been by there to check it out. even Remembered my setup. Said all was ok, but I did not get an email.

Comment

Those in 9B might want to check your setup...

I was at my stand in 9B this morning. Day started off wet, quiet, and cloudy but was not seeing any deer. So I thought I would stay late till the sun came out at least because I could today.

About 9 am I hear voices up towards the clearing. Odd. maybe a couple of the guys that know each other walking out. Later I hear more. kinda fades in and out. THought someone might be looking for a wounded deer. Sooo, about 10:00 deciding if I will just call it quits for the morning, seeing nothing but squirrels and birds.

I look up to the edge of the clearing my feeder is set up in, and two men walk in and look around. One in full camo, backpack, and what looks like a gps. the other in shorts. I say "hellooo", and shorts guy heads back the way they came. I say it louder, wave my hands. I finally get a recognition wave from camo guy with a "sorry" and they hot foot it out of there.

Well, my morning is over, so I head to the truck and try to find these guys on the road. I do find them walking along looking off into the trees. Ask them if they need help finding a deer. Nope, they are just "scouting" for a new location, since he is not seeing any deer at his stand in another unit! and one was not even a draw hunter this year.

I tell them that I have met 4 other hunters with setups in this unit, so there are at least 5 of us in this fringe of woods. The reply? Yeah, we found 3 other feeders this morning besides yours! They busted at least 4 stands this morning before 10am! They had to be going around before 8am just to find that many of us. If he was in his stand sitting still, he might have seen something!

So those of you on here that have stands in 9B and 9A might want to check your gear just in case....

Maybe COE should require a "hunter etiquette" course along with a shooting score for people like this...Bet Paul at Double G would have fun teaching that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_Guy View Post
                          I was at my stand in 9B this morning. Day started off wet, quiet, and cloudy but was not seeing any deer. So I thought I would stay late till the sun came out at least because I could today.

About 9 am I hear voices up towards the clearing. Odd. maybe a couple of the guys that know each other walking out. Later I hear more. kinda fades in and out. THought someone might be looking for a wounded deer. Sooo, about 10:00 deciding if I will just call it quits for the morning, seeing nothing but squirrels and birds.

I look up to the edge of the clearing my feeder is set up in, and two men walk in and look around. One in full camo, backpack, and what looks like a gps. the other in shorts. I say "hellooo", and shorts guy heads back the way they came. I say it louder, wave my hands. I finally get a recognition wave from camo guy with a "sorry" and they hot foot it out of there.

Well, my morning is over, so I head to the truck and try to find these guys on the road. I do find them walking along looking off into the trees. Ask them if they need help finding a deer. Nope, they are just "scouting" for a new location, since he is not seeing any deer at his stand in another unit! and one was not even a draw hunter this year.

I tell them that I have met 4 other hunters with setups in this unit, so there are at least 5 of us in this fringe of woods. The reply? Yeah, we found 3 other feeders this morning besides yours! They busted at least 4 stands this morning before 10am! They had to be going around before 8am just to find that many of us. If he was in his stand sitting still, he might have seen something!

So those of you on here that have stands in 9B and 9A might want to check your gear just in case....

Maybe COE should require a "hunter etiquette" course along with a shooting score for people like this...Bet Paul at Double G would have fun teaching that one!
                          Wow!!

Comment

Years ago, I hunted in that unit. An afternoon of late December, 2 bird hunters chased doves around my feeder while I sitting on my stand. And few close shots here or there. I knew my hunt of that day was done. Packed up and went back home right away.

Btw, Unit 9B is an interesting place to hunt. It usually held quite a few deer and some nice bucks. I could always spook or see deer while walking out. But recent years, this small piece of land becomes too hot. Too many hunters and traffic. I can hardly see deer when I walk in or out. Also, the owners at the other side of the river are gun hunt sometimes. So I quit this place.

Comment

Just had a 4 and 6 point on hand corn at 6 and 9 yards for about 20 minutes. Sure wish one of them would have been legal!

Comment

Goin out to check things. will be there in the morning. Why would any hunter go out on a saturday morning to scout for a new spot. he is lucky someone didnt send an arrow his way.

Comment

Working...
                                X