Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
    So I had 3 does coming in one just 4 steps from my shooting lane until a jackass squirrel decided top go ape**** coming down a tree. They took off and let everyone else in the woods know about it too....**** I hate squirrels
    Get rid of the squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
      Get rid of the squirrel
      Im working on it top

Comment

Live off fm 3405

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
          So I got this new guy just started showing up on my camera.

I need a 2nd opinion of if he makes 13" or not, what do y'all think?
          Not wide enough, besides, he's only 1 year old. He will grow into something nice in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
            Let this one walk too. They are getting better every time soon a shooter will show up. Did you tag a doe or spike yet?

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
              Live off fm 3405
              Good luck.

I'm in the stand too

Comment

Got surprised from a 3 year old doe from behind the tree I am in.

Oh well. Nice relaxing time. Here is a pic to enjoy as I was walking out.
                Last edited by topduarte; 09-14-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

At the stand watching this fork eat all my corn
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another morning of bird and squirrel watching...anyone else out this morning?

Comment

Hello (new to forum) - I know this is an odd request but would like to learn the ropes of bow hunting in Georgetown. I've done rifle a few times but rather have the challenge of bow on public land. I know I missed this season but want to start thinking of next year.

Would someone mind if I tag along on your next weekend trip? I promise to remain quiet :-)

Let me know.. thanks!
                      -David

Comment

Originally posted by David_G View Post
                        Hello (new to forum) - I know this is an odd request but would like to learn the ropes of bow hunting in Georgetown. I've done rifle a few times but rather have the challenge of bow on public land. I know I missed this season but want to start thinking of next year.

Would someone mind if I tag along on your next weekend trip? I promise to remain quiet :-)

Let me know.. thanks!
                        -David
                        Hi David.

Unfortunately only tag alongs allowed under program rules are 12 years old and under. Other than that you have to have a permit.

Comment

Originally posted by David_G View Post

Let me know.. thanks!
                          -David

Besides being not allowed I don't think any one will take you to their honey whole. What would you really learn or gain from it that you could not read here besides someone's hunting spot you could tag for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            Besides being not allowed I don't think any one will take you to their honey whole. What would you really learn or gain from it that you could not read here besides someone's hunting spot you could tag for next year?
                            Lol Justin. I was just trying to take the politically correct way out

Comment

Lol sorry but 46 pages of very detailed info about hunt there. What's left for anyone know ?

I think it was only one or two pages back we went over rules for "guests"

Comment

I can understand honey hole thought.. :-) I bass fish too and sweet spots are gems to keep under wraps. As a side note - I've hiked the trail few time and have found 3.. 2 were tree stands and one was ground blind. I've seen plenty of deer (spooked them really) while on the trail... No worries - be safe out there and hope to see ya next year...

Comment

Working...
                                X