Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
    Anyone going to hunt the rain tomorrow morning?
    Im planning on it...I've only been out once so far and im going crazy.

I dont mind digging the rain gear and I have plenty of activity at my feeder.

Comment

Nope his ears are wider than his antlers Im think 12.25"
      I think its to close too...just not worth all the money and hassle if he ends up to narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by aframecrider View Post
        Thanks stringstalker, I appreciate all the info!
        Same here, I'll be looking into this for next season.

Way to close IMO not worth it
        Agree, way too close to call and not worth it.

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
        I think its to close too...just not worth all the money and hassle if he ends up to narrow.
        X2

Comment

Thanks for all the reassurance guys. Deep down I knew he was a little too narrow but being a nice looking 8 on public land I needed that last little convincing.

Comment

Yah give him another year and he'll be there...prob gonna wait till tomorrow afternoon would have been nice to be out there ahead of the front to see what was moving but definitely gonna spend some time in the stand this weekend with the cooler weather

Comment

I was watching the radar on the evening news tonight and it looks like it may move out by around 7:30ish. If you can hold on til then it may make for some good late morning hunting.

As long as it isn't crazy lightning I'll throw the rain jacket on and head out.

Comment

Well I got soaked today. That's all....

Comment

Originally posted by 1elkaholic2 View Post
                  Well I got soaked today. That's all....
                  Me too elk. Dont feel bad.

Comment

This guy just showed up on my camera for the 1st time last night.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Let this one walk too. They are getting better every time soon a shooter will show up. Did you tag a doe or spike yet?

Comment

No not yet. Thought it was going to happen this morning but she never came all the way out into the clearing.

Comment

What time where they moving this morning? I just got here

Comment

7ish.

Comment

Yeah I'd let that one walk too but they are getting bigger gonna finish this Texas game and then get in the stand hopefully this evening will be good

Comment

So I had 3 does coming in one just 4 steps from my shooting lane until a jackass squirrel decided top go ape**** coming down a tree. They took off and let everyone else in the woods know about it too....**** I hate squirrels

Comment

Working...
                                X