Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
    Guess i gotta move. Two weekends in a row someone starts yelling and walk by me. What is wrong with people. Im not even near trail or really near anywhere anybody not hunting should be.
    That sucks but the park is wide open to the public there is no such place as somewhere someone not hunting shouldn't be.

I would record it on your phone if you can and then get the rangers or game warden involved if you think its the same person doing it on purpose vs moving.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
      That sucks but the park is wide open to the public there is no such place as somewhere someone not hunting shouldn't be.

I would record it on your phone if you can and then get the rangers or game warden involved if you think its the same person doing it on purpose vs moving.
      Actually, it's not wide open. There are clear rules that state during hunting season, those not hunting are to stay on the trails. Every year is the same thing though, non hunters screwing up someone's hunt. And yes there are people out there messing up hunts on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
        Actually, it's not wide open. There are clear rules that state during hunting season, those not hunting are to stay on the trails. Every year is the same thing though, non hunters screwing up someone's hunt. And yes there are people out there messing up hunts on purpose.
        Where is that posted?

Comment

That sucks...I'm gonna head out in a hour or so anyone got any positive news with the cooler weather

Comment

Slow this morning I was out from 5:30am until 10 saw a lone fawn @9:30 and a pile of coen under my feeder.

Comment

Where is that posted?
              On the park entry signs. And I believe its in the handout they get when they enter the park.

Comment

Where is that posted?
                Read your orientation material, should be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                  On the park entry signs. And I believe its in the handout they get when they enter the park.
                  I would need to go look again I dont remember seeing anything about that on the signs at the trail head at Russell park last year. They put up signs that said hunting that should have been 10 times bigger and bright orange. Also I dont think they even check in or pay to use the trail heads to ride bikes on the trail.
                  Last edited by justintyme8303; 10-04-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                    Read your orientation material, should be in there.
                    Non hunters dont get one...thats my point they have no clue and dont care we are out there that is their park we are in their way dont you know that by now.

Comment

I could be wrong about the public being in the field I have been wrong before but like I said I would not move I would get to GW or Park rangers involved.

Comment

Im in 9b. No where near the trail. Almost to end of lake property. We never seen anyone there during dove season last year. See shells everywhere this year though. But i know its not hunters. Opening day was a guy on a cell phone walked by my stand and to day just two people yelling for no reason right after daybreak

Comment

at least got one on the camera. good sign
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
                            at least got one on the camera. good sign
                            Anything during shooting hours dodge?

Comment

this is the closest to morning light yet
                              Attached Files

Comment

but of course wont show her face now that season is open

Comment

Working...
                                X