No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be tough for a little while. Acorns are everywhere. Went out looking for places to set for waterfowl. Hope its not any of you that put your feeder and setup on the river about 1/4 mile in from lake on old fenceline. If there is a group set up on the right when the river necks down that bend is where we put our sets. Don't want to mess someone up but once Nov. hits that area gets lots of shotgun shooting. We will be down there every Sat - Sun morning that we are not at the coast

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      It will be tough for a little while. Acorns are everywhere. Went out looking for places to set for waterfowl. Hope its not any of you that put your feeder and setup on the river about 1/4 mile in from lake on old fenceline. If there is a group set up on the right when the river necks down that bend is where we put our sets. Don't want to mess someone up but once Nov. hits that area gets lots of shotgun shooting. We will be down there every Sat - Sun morning that we are not at the coast
      Might see you out there, I'll be doing the balancing act between slinging arrows and slinging steel shot. We had pretty good luck in that area last year. That area seems to be the only area on the lake that we consistently saw ducks.

Comment

If you see a big bald guy with 2 kids then pull up and we will hunt my set or yours. No sense in spreading them out. I will know when they come down as I live close to the lake and will start going out daily in about a week and see what is down.

Comment

Maybe a good year, bunch of dove, a deer or two and some ducks. Cant wait. Will be with txbowhunter2009 and will def group up.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
            So I was told when I checked in my doe last night just gut them in the field then bring them for check in.

I was the first tag used for this season good luck we have 99 more doe to go.

Nice bro congrats. have a few doe on the cam and seen a few sat evening but wouldnt come in close enough

Comment

Been out three times. 2nd time ,I have 5 doe trot through at the last second of light in the evening. Came in at 40 yards and could barely see them. Doesn't seen to be much movement lately. I'm imaging a whole group of deer laying under a cluster of Oak Trees looking up with their mouths open!!

Comment

Originally posted by bosshawg401 View Post
                Been out three times. 2nd time ,I have 5 doe trot through at the last second of light in the evening. Came in at 40 yards and could barely see them. Doesn't seen to be much movement lately. I'm imaging a whole group of deer laying under a cluster of Oak Trees looking up with their mouths open!!
                I bet your right. I could hear them falling Sunday evening

Comment

Heading out for evening hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                    Heading out for evening hunt.
                    good luck ill be there in the morning

Comment

Nothing of 3405.

Will probably be there Sunday morning

Comment

Will be out there at 5 the morning with my neighbor. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Corn piled up under the feeder. Not good....

Comment

been seeing that all week. time to turn down the feeder for awhile. hopefully this cooler weather will get them going

Comment

Man it's nice weather out here this morning. Saw tons of deer driving in on DB woods this morning. We will see what today holds

Comment

Guess i gotta move. Two weekends in a row someone starts yelling and walk by me. What is wrong with people. Im not even near trail or really near anywhere anybody not hunting should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X