No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! been lurking on you guys's thread for awhile and just checking it out. i was just curious if you are assigned a compartment for georgetown or if its a free for all out there. if it is a FFA is there an issue with others hunting your feeders/ stands? i didnt get drawn out there (didnt know how to apply lol) just curiosity is all. Thanks and good luck to you guys

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
      Depends on where your stand is. I saw alot of deer when I left my stand because I thought the runners would scare them, I was right but it actually would have helped had I waited until the runners passed my area.
      Thanks for the info Boss and Doe, I think the way my setup is in relation to the trail and where the deer have been coming from I may try it, they might push them right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jäger View Post
        Hi all! been lurking on you guys's thread for awhile and just checking it out. i was just curious if you are assigned a compartment for georgetown or if its a free for all out there. if it is a FFA is there an issue with others hunting your feeders/ stands? i didnt get drawn out there (didnt know how to apply lol) just curiosity is all. Thanks and good luck to you guys
        Jager after you get drawn you pick a spot and send the coordinates in for approval, 1st send 1st approved.

You have to be 100 yards off any property line that backs a dwelling, 100 yards from the hiking trail, and 100 yards from any other hunters.

And everyone is pretty good about leaving each others stuff alone.

Comment

You can hunt someones feeder IF you two agree on that arrangement other wise no.

Comment

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Comment

Jonseing too? I almost want to go out this weekend and just sit and see if anything comes around, but let it stay quiet until 9-27. patience.

Comment

Yes I need my fix!!! lol

This is my 2nd season no luck last year.

I have been told get it done in Oct or it may not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                  Yes I need my fix!!! lol

This is my 2nd season no luck last year.

I have been told get it done in Oct or it may not happen.
                  7 days and a wake up boys and girls.

I am going to go out 1 more time tomorrow, top off the feeder, spread some cmere deer, and pull cards so I can get 1 final look at what my deer are doing.

Cmon 27th!

Comment

Glad to know I'm not the only one...flingen arrows into the garage and the outdoors channel just isn't cuttin it anymore

Comment

Have y'all seen any acorns this year? I checked a few trees near my spot and haven't seen a single one.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                        Have y'all seen any acorns this year? I checked a few trees near my spot and haven't seen a single one.
                        No acorns around my spot RS3

Comment

saw a few acorns on the ground today.

Comment

no acorns today.

Plenty of tracks and corn was cleaned out under feeder.

5 1/2 days and counting.

Anyone wanna do a Lake Georgetown Happy Hour this week?

Hanovers Pflugerville Tuesday or Wednesday?

Comment

corns are not on the ground yet but will be within a week or two. Better hurry and hope no wind the next few days

Comment

Some of you guys may need to go find an good oak tree that is dropping and hunt it. They really started hitting the ground this am. I have a large oak about 100 yards from my house and Im sitting here watching 5 deer on it now. They still hit the porch feeder this morning but it was only a couple deer instead of stampede when it when off

Comment

Working...
                                X