No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to get some more information on hunting out here. I am new to bow hunting and have never done any public land hunting before. Maybe next year I can get in on this.

Comment

Trimmed up my shooting lane today. Even let the kiddo take some a practice shots out of it. Deer activity looks good.

Comment

Looks good Chris, just be careful with the practice shots, they aren't allowed out there

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
          Looks good Chris, just be careful with the practice shots, they aren't allowed out there
          I didn't know that.

Comment

Looken good guys was out myself today checking on things camera is up and hopefully working this time so hopefully will have something to add to the brag board shortly. 12 more days till Christmas or opening day whatever you choose to call it
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
              I didn't know that.
              x2 where is that rule posted and did they say why?

Comment

Young buck couple more years he will be a nice one.
                Attached Files

Comment

seeing lots of does on camera, no bucks.
                  that's OK with me ;-).

Comment

On the lake website if you go to the hunting policy it says target and sleet shooting is not allowed at any time.

15. May I target shoot on Corps of Engineers lands?
                    Shooting for practice or at targets is prohibited. Discharging any weapon (including
                    archery equipment) is allowed only during authorized hunting activities and only during
                    the attempt to take game.

It was also mentioned in the orientation. i dont agree just dont want to see anyone get in trouble
                    Last edited by stringstalker84; 09-15-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                      seeing lots of does on camera, no bucks.
                      that's OK with me ;-).
                      I have 12 acres of private land across Williams drive by Russell park...i have 40 does and fawns...on camera....no bucks.....they will show in Oct....

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                        On the lake website if you go to the hunting policy it says target and sleet shooting is not allowed at any time.

15. May I target shoot on Corps of Engineers lands?
                        Shooting for practice or at targets is prohibited. Discharging any weapon (including
                        archery equipment) is allowed only during authorized hunting activities and only during
                        the attempt to take game.

It was also mentioned in the orientation. i dont agree just dont want to see anyone get in trouble
                        thanks for the info

Comment

FYI- that marathon run around the lake is scheduled for Oct. 4, starting at 7 am. It starts at Russell Park and goes clockwise all the way around the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                            FYI- that marathon run around the lake is scheduled for Oct. 4, starting at 7 am. It starts at Russell Park and goes clockwise all the way around the lake.

I've never been through this, is it worth it to even get out of bed that morning?

Comment

Just make sure you take you deer at first light and you should be clear of the runners! I'm sure they would love a glimps of your harvest as you are dragging it down the running path back to your truck.

Comment

Depends on where your stand is. I saw alot of deer when I left my stand because I thought the runners would scare them, I was right but it actually would have helped had I waited until the runners passed my area.

Comment

Working...
                                X