Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get a timeline for this years events? When is deadline for paying to hunt? We can pay at park right? When is the orientation? I still need to qualify and my schedule is getting busy. I've hunted there successfully for at least 6-7years now and cannot ever remember the order of things. Help please.

Comment

Just read my email to make sure I had everything right. You can pay your $90 at any gate house mon-thurs 7-10. Orientation is Sat. Aug. 23rd check in is 9-9:15 and have to have hunter Ed card, prof test score, 2014-2015 lisc., and receipt show you paid $90.

Comment

"Anyone else get drawn as a solo? I'd love to get a hunting partner for the Georgetown piece of land. I plan on scouting this weekend."

Been a solo ever since I started hunting out there. Let me know when you will be out scouting and I will try to meet you and maybe I can give you some insight or vica versa.

Comment

You can pay the 90.00 fee on Saturday too. I did mine last weekend when I went to scout.

Comment

Just knocked out the prof test just need a license and my $90 receipt and it's go time!!!

Comment

Waiting to get my bow back from Archery Country.

Comment

New to TX hunting

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                "Anyone else get drawn as a solo? I'd love to get a hunting partner for the Georgetown piece of land. I plan on scouting this weekend."

Been a solo ever since I started hunting out there. Let me know when you will be out scouting and I will try to meet you and maybe I can give you some insight or vica versa.
                Doeboy...I tried to send you a message, but I need a minimum of 15 posts still.

Try to send me one, I'd love to link up.

-Brendan

Comment

I had no clue there was public hunting available at Georgetown. I might have to look into this for next year.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Picked up my bow from Archery Country this afternoon.

Shot 15 shots from 25 yards. Picked the best 3 arrows and will be going to do my test in the next day or two

Comment

I have a bachelor group of about 15 bucks off my porch every night. Have only 3 that would make restrictions. Only one that is mature enough to shoot and he is a 6 point I am going to let a kid shoot. Deer look good this year body wise and my trees are not loaded with acorns last I checked. Yall should have a good year. Seems like lots of young deer the last 2 years with very few making it to 4+ years. I do have a 3 year old 8 point that is at least 19 inches inside spread that I hope makes it 2 more years. Lots of heavy does with very few carrying twins around this year.

Comment

We are really struggling to pick a spot since we know everyone will want "their" spot from last year.
                          And during or scouting trips we keep finding old set ups from last year.

Comment

I know what you mean I've put some miles in the past couple weeks and found some good looking spots where you can tell someone else has thought the same thing last year. I've read in the past they have closed some sections and had spike and doe only sections so it will be interesting to see what they have planned for this year along with number of tags needless to say I'm ready for Saturday and to get this year goin.

Comment

Last year they opened those known doe and spike areas to bucks too.

Comment

picked my spot and already sent the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X