• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
    Went to fill up feeder today.

Did see some grubbing in unit 14.

less than 7 days. Excited.
    I'm in unit 14 and off one of the main hiking trails, went last week to fill my feeder up and saw about 10 hikers.... To excited less than a week away. They sent out a email saying we could not park in the turn around. So I have a even farther walk if I park in there parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
      I'm in unit 14 and off one of the main hiking trails, went last week to fill my feeder up and saw about 10 hikers.... To excited less than a week away. They sent out a email saying we could not park in the turn around. So I have a even farther walk if I park in there parking lot.
      Never mind, I got the rv turn around mixed up with the overlook parking.

Comment

From the office regarding hogs:

You can hunt them from your coordinate location. As long as you are willing to
        go out there when they are out and you are willing to take the hog off property
        after harvesting you are welcome to hunt them.

Comment

Dang acorns just started dropping out there like candy.
          Deers will have a lot of food choices for a while.

I thought they dropped a few weeks after opening weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
            From the office regarding hogs:

You can hunt them from your coordinate location. As long as you are willing to
            go out there when they are out and you are willing to take the hog off property
            after harvesting you are welcome to hunt them.
            Did they specify if you can hunt at night?

Comment

Anyone ever see any big deer out there, or have any pics from recent years? Just seems like there are not as many bigger deer as there used to be.

Comment

i think there are a couple picks in this thread from last year of decent (for the area) ones from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                  Did they specify if you can hunt at night?
                  I asked if we could hunt them at night, and they said we could hunt them anytime from our designated hunting spot. They also said that if we shoot one, it has to be hauled off the CofE property(i.e. no intentional buzzard, catfish, or coyote feed).

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                    i think there are a couple picks in this thread from last year of decent (for the area) ones from last year.
                    Seeing the same dink bucks and their offspring in addition to does....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just seeing a lot of does where I am.
                      Which I am OK with.

Comment

<G>Never see this many deers under my feeder. Get them... all, haha.

Comment

So why did they wait this late in the game to announce this instead of before we picked out spots?

"Compartments 15b, 15c, 15d, 15e are open to harvesting bucks. Effective for the 2013-2014 season we will have no spike/doe only areas. We will see how this season goes before we make any decisions for next season."

Comment

These places hold many big bucks. They are protected from hunting for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                              These places hold many big bucks. They are protected from hunting for many years.
                              Yes have heard that too and thats my point it would have been nice to make it known they where going to open those areas for bucks before the day we had to turn in our spots to give us all a fair shot to hunt there too.

Comment

Any deer killed this morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X