X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job

Comment

doeboy11,
      My dad, brother and myself are going to hunt unit 11 on Dec. 11-12. Any good places to set up ground blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslay3r View Post
        i got picked for unit 12 on Nov 20th and 21st hunt, if anyone has hunted this spot and can give me some pointers it would be appreciated. 30-06, that is a good unit, i shot a doe and pig there last year. the blinds are very nice i stayed in them all day both days, they are big enough to get a mid day nap in. i was in the blind that had its own access gate by a pond, not sure what # it was but the deer came from the woods behind the blind just before dark...Good luck everyone.
        I've got that same unit in Dec. Let me know how it goes next weekend.

Comment

im goin out there this week to scout, me and my dad are the only two huntin the place so im hopin it will be a good area seein as we have the whole place to choose from. i will let you know what i come up with when i get back from scouting.

Comment

hi guys. just found this site after doing a search for hunts on balcones. i got drawn for unit #4 for Dec. 11-12. scouted it most of the day last sunday. saw lots of deer and hog signs. this will be my first time out there. cant wait.

Comment

well i went out and scouted unit #12 today and it looks pretty promising. i came up on a tank near the entrance and had pig wallows all around mixed in with deer sign, walked through a plowed field right next to it and jumped a few turkeys. planning on settin my dad up at that spot. i then drove to the very back of the property and walked the fence line and came up on a coyote dead caught in the fence and a little further down found a nubbin buck also caught up and dead. jumped some hogs that were sleeping in a draw that is full of cedars near there also. really really wish i could throw some corn out or put a feeder up, all in all it looks pretty good...cant wait till the 20th!

Comment

we went and scouted unit 11 yesterday. lots of deer and pig signs all over the unit. we spooked a doe on the north west side. we also saw several deer rubs and scraps. we spoke with the land owner on the north side and he stated the pigs are down in the canyons near the springs and coming through the fence to get to his tanks. the grass is very tall and it may be hard to see the pigs when they are running through. we can not wait to get back out there on Dec 11 - 12

Comment

Has anyone heard if anything was killed at any of the Units today. I am ready to go.

Comment

7 deer total 4 bucks and 3 does.dont no which units.

Comment

youth weekend?

Comment

That sounds good. I hope there are some still around on Dec 11-12. Congrats to those who got one

Comment

yes.. this was the youth hunt.

Comment

How did it go slay3r?

Comment

well it was a long weekend, the weather sucked and the full moon did not help. my dad got a turkey the first morning and thats all that was shot by us this weekend. i think it was only 2 does and 1 buck total for everyone. hopefully you will have better luck out there if the weather is good, all the deer we saw were about 3 or 4 hundred yards away and running for cover, the wind just had them all spooked. if you want to know about some spots i think will produce send me a message and ill tell you about them.

Comment

Has anyone on here ever hunted unit #4?

Comment

Working...
                                X