No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always take me keys to my boat as far as a yak I would drag it away from the water.

Comment

TG let me know when you come down for a dove hunt and I will bring you the heads. Also Ty is coming down for the opener teals season so we need to get together and kill some birds on film.

Comment

Drove down Mon. Got permit #56. The lady behind the counter said she had been arguing with hunters all day about the survey. Waitin on the feds to send me my stamp and all paperwork will complete to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow trout View Post
          Are you talkin Whitney or Aquilla?
          Whitney.

Comment

Yep, I drag my canoe up the shore and cover with camo nets. I havent had any trouble in 20 years. But you never know today!

Comment

Yep, I drag my canoe up the shore and cover with camo nets. I havent had any trouble in 20 years. But you never know today!
              I was thinking about using some camo netting. If I can find a spot where I end up deciding to hunt that has some grass or weeds tall enough, I was thinking about hiding it in that. Shouldn't be a problem. I just don't want to find out the hard way that someone will take it.

Comment

I hunt near cliffs so there isnt any weeds just rock beachs and boulders. (West side)

Comment

Got mine!

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyNR View Post
                    When you guys boat to a spot, what do you do with your boat? Just beach it and hope nobody jacks with it? Chain it up?

I'll be using a kayak or canoe, and I was thinking I'd hide it in some weeds. I don't figure anyone would take it, but I want to be sure.
                    I just hide a couple of rattle snakes in my boat, guess where?

Comment

Didn't fill out the report, cause i didn't get anything last year. Now i'm blocked till i contact the corp office. Lesson learned. Hope they still let me do aquilla this year?

Comment

Originally posted by huntxtrm View Post
                        Didn't fill out the report, cause i didn't get anything last year. Now i'm blocked till i contact the corp office. Lesson learned. Hope they still let me do aquilla this year?
                        Hope my buddies get to hunt with me this year got mine.

Comment

That'll work. My kayak isn't very big, though. Could make for an interesting paddle.

Comment

ive used a canoe for 3 yrs now. used to walk mainly. that got old quick. love getting away from the crowd with it. even better hauling the kill out. i chain mine up. take the paddles with me or hide them nearby. its just known not to mess with someones kayak, boat, or canoe. never had any problems. seems like alot more folks are getting smarter and going the canoe or boat route now..bummer. ha ha.

Comment

I had a buddy that got his yak stolen couple of years ago. Took his back pack and stand too. They were under the yak. Stolen while he was sleeping in the front of his truck. Just thought I'd let yall know. I posted a pic or two of the yak in that year's thread.

You don't want to get into my truck, even if the windows are down (especially the glove box )

Texas Grown, I see all of your stands Im gonna set in each one....prob 3 or 4 a day!!!!! HaHaHa1!! We'll have a party!!!!YEEEHAW
                              Trout, I charge day lease fees. And know a lot of locals there

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                              TG let me know when you come down for a dove hunt and I will bring you the heads. Also Ty is coming down for the opener teals season so we need to get together and kill some birds on film.
                              LW, Can do on the birds/film . Pickles is having a fit waiting for the season to begin! Glad Ty is gonna make it down with ya.

Got any pics of the heads?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                I had a buddy that got his yak stolen couple of years ago. Took his back pack and stand too. They were under the yak. Stolen while he was sleeping in the front of his truck. Just thought I'd let yall know. I posted a pic or two of the yak in that year's thread.
                                Good to know. I'll be sure to hide mine well. Just another reason I picked OD green as a color.

Comment

Working...
                                X