No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TG, that would've been a smart move for sure at that price. Makes me think of a place heading towards Clifton my dad told me about. Said a realtor showed it to him back in the 60's but I can't find the property. He wanted to buy it and build some houses to sell. Wish he would've bought it.

I like seeing that W4 ranch. Is that the same as 4W?

I got my eyes on a chunkof land outside Whitney, but I can't afford it right now. Would be a potential place for gas wells, but it's a gamble. The fences are in terrible shape. Property needs some dozing and more. If I get the extra $ to spend on it, I might roll the dice. I'd be too afraid to put cattle on it and not be able to check on them every day or two. Them rustlers are still at it.
    Last edited by 12 point; 05-21-2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Pey........I mean, "Yep". Same 4W folk

Comment

ive hunted that whole ranch and i think ive been on that plot yall are talking about. killed many pigs there.

Comment

Good looking ram JGirsh

Comment

Someone needs to open a lake whitney 2011-12 hunting season

Comment

It will come in due time.

Comment

TO, have you ever done much fishing on the W4? I can't even think of the road that a small lake can be seen from on the ranch. It's the gravel road that heads towards Morgan. Any lakes on the W4 bigger than that one?

I've been curious about Indian artifacts on the ranch as well. Might be some dinosaur bones too, maybe. They sure have some nice cattle on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                  It will come in due time.
                  I know I'm just pumped about this season and I feel like if the new thread is started it will make opening day not seem so far away

Comment

LastHurrah, quit asking or you will be flogged, tarred, and feathered. jgirsh was nicer about it than what I had to endure a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      LastHurrah, quit asking or you will be flogged, tarred, and feathered. jgirsh was nicer about it than what I had to endure a couple years ago.
                      Well if you read my previous 2 posts, you will notice that I didn't ask any questions. Also I really do not need you to advise what I can and cannot post on this site. Have a nice day and be nice to your fellow TBH'ers

Comment

Originally posted by LastHurrah View Post
                        Well if you read my previous 2 posts, you will notice that I didn't ask any questions. Also I really do not need you to advise what I can and cannot post on this site. Have a nice day and be nice to your fellow TBH'ers
                        Easy brother..Dont think he meant anything by it. Was just saying when he asked about it last year he was given a hard time.

Comment

Just found this post. Had two trail cams stole last year on aquilla 2010 season. Wildveiw, and a stealthcam "the Unit" id like em back not likely to happen, but ive only seen 4 people over there in 5 years. So if i see ya, i might ask a few questions. Please lemme know if ya have em and wanna return em this kind of stuff is why public land hunting can be a pain. Ive found many nice stands, and cameras on corp land and never touched a one. Dont see why it is so hard for others to do the same. I found a knife at aquilla this year. It has been there a long time. It is a bone look alike handle, chrome plated blade. If it is yours let me know and you can pick it up from me. Good luck to everyone this upcoming season.

Comment

Nothing meant by it, sorry it was taken the wrong way. Razorback01-out.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the cams T-wall. Most of us here on this thread, and sight, are pretty honest folk, or they don't last long here (if ya know what I mean ). Did ya check with the corps to see if they had it, them? And thanks for your honesty too .

The new thread: will start after the next "Pre-Season G-2-G and Pool Party" Saturday Aug 6th starting at noon-ish. "ericm1981' will have the honor of opening the new thread after the G-2-G as discussed earlier this season (and as tradition has been).

(is the new season here yet?)
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-23-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                                Nothing meant by it, sorry it was taken the wrong way. Razorback01-out.
                                I thought you were telling me to shut up for being excited about the season at Whitney coming up....My apologies sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X