No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me and a friend hunt along 75 deer are getting scares we had a bunch of hispanic with crossbows hunting over corn last year. now the game wardens come check u all the time . seems like everyone from houston comes there! mite need to find me a new quite place.

Comment

Originally posted by MISSION 1 View Post
      me and a friend hunt along 75 deer are getting scares we had a bunch of hispanic with crossbows hunting over corn last year. now the game wardens come check u all the time . seems like everyone from houston comes there! mite need to find me a new quite place.
      Yeah , every time I drive by there during bow season theres always 5 or 6 trucks and cars parked over there. Looks like a whole lot of hunting pressure , I dont understand why everyone wants to hunt in a spot that they know other people are hunting . Its like theyre to lazy to go sout there own area out.

Comment

1-800-792-4263 (TP&W Operation Game Thief) is on my speed dial. They will pay you several hundred dollars when they catch baiters/poachers. A GPS location comes in handy along with a few pictures of a baited area. I have no sympathy for law breakers. I just have to get 1 busted and it will pay for my permit, license, and get 1 deer processed. I am ...... retentive because I don't want to get busted if someone baits an area I'm hunting in. According to the "law" ignorance is no excuse.

Comment

Amen, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
            1-800-792-4263 (TP&W Operation Game Thief) is on my speed dial. They will pay you several hundred dollars when they catch baiters/poachers. A GPS location comes in handy along with a few pictures of a baited area. I have no sympathy for law breakers. I just have to get 1 busted and it will pay for my permit, license, and get 1 deer processed. I am ...... retentive because I don't want to get busted if someone baits an area I'm hunting in. According to the "law" ignorance is no excuse.
            X2

Comment

I've actually called them and received a reward. Was a bit fearful at first, but they maintain your privacy and the perp. never finds out your info. Would I turn someone int baiting in the forest....tough one. If I saw them pour the corn out, yes. But if they were over the corn and I did not see them pour it, I can't say I would.
              I could just imagine going out to my area and climbing my tree and then shooting a deer and then when I get down notice the corn and the GW there ready to give a ticket.
              Hopefully I don't have to find out.

Comment

Huntinfool..... Saw him again on my way home around 11:30 last night.

Comment

Pretty regular, just like we thought. I have to work the BPS classic this weekend, but next weekend I should be out there scouting.

Comment

ok gonna try and get out there and scout saturday baring any problems like i had last time. i have a question for you guys that have been hunting it for a while. do any of you use markers like tape or reflective tacks and how far do you try and stay away from others who do use them ? i dont want to end up on anyones lap

Comment

I try not to use any markers at all. "natural land markers"
                      I really need to invest in a hand held GPS .

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                        Huntinfool..... Saw him again on my way home around 11:30 last night.
                        Now you just need to find where he hangs out during the day.

Eagle

Comment

I have used reflective pins. When your having to cut through the forest in the dark, everything looks the same. But if it looks like someone is hunting the same area as I am then I just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                            I try not to use any markers at all. "natural land markers"
                            I really need to invest in a hand held GPS .
                            + 1 I don't use markers because I don't want to lead anybody to my spots. In the dark it can be a challenge sometimes but if you are careful to remember your landmarks you will be ok.

Comment

Some places you don't have any landmarks. You just have pine tree after pine tree.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                                Some places you don't have any landmarks. You just have pine tree after pine tree.
                                And they all start to look like each other, and at 4:00AM they look differant than they do at 4:00 PM. I am working on getting a GPS.

Eagle

Comment

Working...
                                X