Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

davie crocket nationl forest ???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=head;2688456]Thanks for mentioning that. I was going to say that the DCNF covers a few counties.[/QUOTE

you can shoot a doe in dcnf oct 2 -nov 5 with a bow only... thanx i looked in to it never knew it b4 and this year is my first bow season looks like "doe season" to me

Comment

Yep, two does during archery season in Trinity or Houston. I have to look at the book, but I believe in muzzle loader you can harvest does too. The doe permits are for the Alabama Creek WMA that you apply for. That's a beautiful area. I used to buy my APH all the time for it, but since we acquired a house out there in Trinity county, I haven't messed with it much anymore. The Neches run's through part of it.

Keep in mind though, Houston and Trinity are both under antler restriction. I'm excited to see how Trinity pans out in another 3 or so years. Plenty of deer out there, but you have to work for it and do your home work. I'm heading that way Thursday night.

Comment

Davey Crockett NF

Hey H2447in TX
        Froggy is right
        You have to have DOE permit issued for gun season, but archery season you do not need the permit. Email it in

here is link to use to get permit for the are you plan to hunt:

Originally posted by h2447intx View Post
        ok

anyone hunt the genrel hunting part of DCNF?

no permit requied , but i just talked to the game and wild life

they said the doe permits you enter to wind or draw , is only good for managed part of the forest, you have to have the 48 dollar permit to use the doe permits

other wise the genrel hunting is left to the county laws, well does anyone know what the county laws are ?

this is cut and past off the site
        can some one tell me if we can shoot does with out a permit its just a bit confuesing couse it says permit , but the woman told me the permits are not good for genrel hunting

Upcoming Texas Hunting Seasons for Trinity County
        (County seat: Groveton)
        Back to County List

Note: Please read the Advisories and notes on the previous page.

White-tailed Deer
        Special Antler Restrictions

Archery Only: October 2-November 5, 2010. No permit required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLD permits have been issued for the property.
        Bag Limit: 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
        General Season: November 6, 2010-January 2, 2011. On United States Forest Service, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only. On other tracts of land, antlerless deer may be taken without permits from opening day through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day (November 6-28, 2010). From the Monday following Thanksgiving Day until the end of the season, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLDP permit or LAMPS permit only. On tracts of land for which LAMPS permits have been issued, no LAMPS permit is required during the archery-only or muzzleloader-only open season.
        Special Youth-Only Season: Early open season: October 30-31, 2010. Late open season: January 3-16, 2011.

Bag limits, provision for the take of antlerless deer, and special requirements of the county, shall be as specified for the first 2 days of the general open season.

Licensed hunters 16 years of age or younger may hunt deer by any lawful means during this season.

Muzzleloader-Only Open Season: January 3-16, 2011. Bag Limit: As specified for the general open season. All restrictions established for the take of buck deer during the general open season remain in effect.

No permit required for the take of antlerless deer, except on properties for which MLD permits have been issued.

Squirrel:
        Open Season: October 1, 2010-February 6, 2011 and May 1-31. Daily Bag Limit: 10.

Special youth-only season: September 25-26, 2010.

Turkey
        The annual bag limit for Rio Grande and Eastern turkey, in the aggregate for all counties, is four (4), no more than one of which may be an Eastern turkey. For counties that have an Eastern Turkey spring season, there is no fall season.

Spring:
        Eastern Turkey: Open season: April 1-30, 2011. Bag limit (both species): One gobbler.

means limited to shotgun, lawful archery equipment, and crossbows
        it is unlawful for any person to take or attempt to take turkeys by the aid of baiting, or on or over a baited area, and
        all turkeys harvested during the open season must be registered at designated check stations within 24 hours of the time of kill. Harvested turkeys may be field dressed, but must otherwise remain intact.
        Quail:
        Statewide: Open season: October 30, 2010-February 27, 2011. Daily bag limit: 15 Possession limit: 45

Dove:
        Central Zone
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to County List

Comment

Working...
        X