No announcement yet.

Granger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there permit hunting this week? If so, pecan grove offers some nice scrapes and tree rubs to key on.

Comment

is there permit hunting this week? If so, pecan grove offers some nice scrapes and tree rubs to key on.
      Actually they do, december 11th-13th

Comment

Just sent a note on the thread about hog wild, check it out. Go to area 6 near Circleville.

Comment

just got back from corning for hogs out in granger. I had so much dam corn, beer and yeast weighing me down that i didnt take my bow...as usual, that was a mistake. i came out of a creekbed dropping corn when this fine sized swine ran out from a felled tree . but with corn in one hand and my other reaching for the nearest sturdy tree, nothin for me.
          i'll be back early tomorrow with less corn and more bow, cuz the hawgs are there...

Comment

what are the odds of leaving a brushed-in pop-up bliind at granger last sunday and it still being there saturday when they re-open?
            i sure hope they're good...

Comment

Well, be sure to let us know. I was there on a draw hunt a few years ago, and there were a lot of people who "didn't notice" that the area was closed.

How close to the water is it? The lake is never closed to fishing....

Comment

sounds like there is an abundace of scoundrels all around ....
                its kinda hard not to notice closed gates and signs that specify closed days. hunters that do that make us all look bad and other folks just dont give a hoot.
                anyway, the blind is far enough away from any decent fishing areas. i was more worried with game wardens or perhaps blackguard deer hunters this week.
                now i just hope no forum lurkers sneak out there and take it ....

Comment

I was thinking more that you could go fishing, and pick up your stuff.

Comment

sounds like you could get a popup and some duck decoys out there. hmmm, maybe I should make a road trip.lol

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                      sounds like you could get a popup and some duck decoys out there. hmmm, maybe I should make a road trip.lol
                      scoundrels i tell you

Comment

how busy is granger this time of the year? Im just getting into bow hunting and WMA lands and not sure what to expect out there..

Comment

i wouldnt think too many are out this time of year. fisherman might cause a few problems if you are huntting the main lake. i was thinking of running a few bags of corn to a flooded feild myself on sunday. it will be easier to get to while it is flooded.

Comment

Lonely Granger

I hunt below the dam and seldom see anyone on the hunting areas. You will pass fishermen, but they are all right on the water and within 100 yards of the dam.

Comment

how is granger this time of year?
                              anybody have insight as to what zones/areas to start looking?

kirk

Comment

hot and flooded right now. if you go by boat then it would awhole lot easier to find some pigs i would think. if you want to go out sometime soon let me know, i might be down for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X