No announcement yet.

Getting the game out of the woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or one of those lil red wagons with the big wheels would be nice!

Comment

x2

Comment

I have this nice cart from Wal-Mart.

Pretty sure that there are better carts for less at other stores.

Comment

Game cart is the ticket . As said above get the one from Academy. Cheap enough , Dragging out is tough. Have done 3 like that at Sommerville.

Comment

just sucker a buddy in and drag it out

Comment

I usually have a frame pack in my truck...I've seen some guys on public land take their gear in on a game cart about 1 mile and chain it to a tree. Makes sense, you don't have to carry anything either way. Big wheels are also the way to roll...

Comment

I use my cart to carry folded blind and folded chair and bait. I put the cart inside the blind, plenty room for me to sit on the chair and waiting.

Comment

Carried a doe out on my shoulders with climber on my back and fannypack and bow about a mile one time.....one time was all it took. I went and got the game cart the next day! Have also used a stick with a buddy one time last year with all of our gear and stands. didn't like that either but have to do what you have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilbile View Post
                    just sucker a buddy in and drag it out
                    Thats why I always hunt with a few younger fellers . Trade-n info on a good place to set-up for carry-n feed in, or deer out .

Comment

Game cart, waterfowl decoy sled, de-bone and pack out or the good ol bubba drag-grab by the horns and get after it.

Comment

A cheap wheel barrel will do it. Make sure the handles are not flimsy. If you take it ou in part you can discourage most predators by simply urinating a few yards up wind of the parts you leave behind.

Comment

When we hog hunt we carry backpacks and just put quartered up hog in trash bags and pack out. Some places we hunt we might be in 3-5 miles. Deer cart usually comes with us come deer season. Just like thorthunder said, take apart where it dropped. Good luck.

Comment

game cart and a buddy to help drag it out.more fun to share the hunt

Comment

Taking them apart, and carry in a backpack is good if your alone, I prefer a good cart if you have help. Just make sure the wheels of the cart are as big as you can find. It's a whole lot easier with good ground clearance!

Comment

Big wheels will make the difference. Remember to put them on the end where the seat is as it is the heavier end.

Comment

Working...
                                X