No announcement yet.

Colorado Vacation pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pictures...what is the story with the mountain that looks like it got its head cut off in the first elk picture?

Comment

be nice to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
        Nice pictures...what is the story with the mountain that looks like it got its head cut off in the first elk picture?
        I'm not sure what the mountain is called. That is pretty close to the top of trail ridge road a little above 11,500 feet. That whole valley was carved out by glaciers and the valley below is probably 2,500 feet below. There are alot of those mountains there that look like they have been shaved off and now have tundra grass growing on them. There are signs up there that say it takes a decade or more for those plants to grow 1 inch.

These pictures really don't do it justice. Hopefully next time I'll have a DSLR camera.

Comment

Oh, man. It's been too long since gazing on those mountains. Great pictures.

Comment

Hey its Alvin

Comment

wow

Comment

Great pics! I was just there last Sunday after photographing a wedding in Golden over the weekend. RMNP is a spectacular location to visit and photograph.

Comment

WOW that is beautiful. That is one of my dreams to go to Colo.

Comment

We're already making plans for a return to SW Colorado next July. We went every year for 8 years and have unfortunately missed the last 3. Love the Ouray/Silverton/Lake City area.

Comment

Nice pics! Should've PM'd me, we could've hit up a few good eats around here!
                      Balancing rock is pretty cool. Nice elk shots...

Comment

That place is great, here is some I took last September.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice pictures, thanks for sharing

Comment

Nice pictures.

Comment

Working...
                            X