moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moon

This subject is tougher than I though. 300mm isn't enough lens for a detailed pic. I shot it at 5.6 and a full range of shutter speeds. This was the best I could do.

Here is full version. I haven't figured out how to link the pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2678726...49820/sizes/o/

very nice!! what camera do you use??

Comment

Nikon D90 for this shot.

Comment

Great shot, thats way better than I ever have done. What were the settings if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

On a tripod, 300mm, F5.6, 1/250 sec. shutter speed, VR off, auto focus and I used the self timer set on 2 sec. to eliminate shaking the camera. Beyond those settings, I don't know. It will be on my flickr page.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
            Here is full version. I haven't figured out how to link the pic.
            When you insert the jpeg image in the [IMG][/IMG] brackets, highlight all of the html code (from bracket to bracket),go to the flickr page you want it to link back too, take the WEB address URL and link the highlighted img text to that web url.

Nice pic!!

Comment

Nice pic!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillybgigem View Post
                When you insert the jpeg image in the [IMG][/IMG] brackets, highlight all of the html code (from bracket to bracket),go to the flickr page you want it to link back too, take the WEB address URL and link the highlighted img text to that web url.
                Clear as mud. I copy and pasted the image from my page. I will figure it out eventually.

Comment

K...
                  -On Flickr, click the "all sizes" tab, and go to the medium sized one. Under the image, there is a box that says "grab the photo's url", copy that line.
                  -Come back to TBH, click the insert image button (yellow box with a mountain) paste the copied line from Flickr in that window and click ok. An [IMG][/IMG] html text will show up in your text box....
                  -Go back to Flickr and go to the photo page that you want to link the picture to. Copy the web address and go back to TBH.
                  -The inserted image that you put in earlier will look like this: [IMG]image-jepg-url[/IMG].... highlight that entire line. Once it is highlighted click the link button at the top of the text box (looks like an earth with a chain link)
                  -Another box will come up, paste the web address in the box and click ok.

That should insert your image and link it to Flickr...

That mud a little cleaner now??
                  It sounds complicated, but once you get it down it is cake.

Comment

i can see a lot of detail... nice pic

Comment

Originally posted by Hillybgigem View Post
                      K...
                      -On Flickr, click the "all sizes" tab, and go to the medium sized one. Under the image, there is a box that says "grab the photo's url", copy that line.
                      -Come back to TBH, click the insert image button (yellow box with a mountain) paste the copied line from Flickr in that window and click ok. An [IMG][/IMG] html text will show up in your text box....
                      -Go back to Flickr and go to the photo page that you want to link the picture to. Copy the web address and go back to TBH.
                      -The inserted image that you put in earlier will look like this: [IMG]image-jepg-url[/IMG].... highlight that entire line. Once it is highlighted click the link button at the top of the text box (looks like an earth with a chain link)
                      -Another box will come up, paste the web address in the box and click ok.

That should insert your image and link it to Flickr...

That mud a little cleaner now??
                      It sounds complicated, but once you get it down it is cake.
                      Can't be any harder than posting a utube vid. I will get it figured out.

Comment

Oh, and thanks for the explination Hilly!!

Comment

Not an easy subject but you did well. I used to own telescopes and could get pretty good shots that way. Thinking of buying another tscope to use as a long lens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                            Not an easy subject but you did well. I used to own telescopes and could get pretty good shots that way. Thinking of buying another tscope to use as a long lens again.
                            How well does that work Bill? Not a bad idea for moon pics and long range sniping.

Comment

Jason it can work very well. You get a t adapter to mount the body to the scope. Does the D90 have live view? When I had my scopes my bodies didn't have it but both do now. I use to have look through the viewfinder and try to use the tscopes focus mechanism. I would have loved to have had LV LCD for fine tuning the focus. On my bodies now I can go to 7X or 10X what I'm seeing in the LV to fine tune.

This shot was taken with 5" Mak-Cass scope at about 275 yds focusing through viewfinder using the focus knob on the scope. Came out ok but would have been better with LV. This is a re-sized version of the cropped version.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	P3282528 cropped (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	23888943

Comment

Working...
                              X