Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

DSLR Camera Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSLR Camera Recommendation

Looking for recommendations for DSLR cameras for hunting and guiding. Will mainly be used to video and look at shot placement to know how to track. Would like to stay under 500$, but I might spend more if more expensive options are worth it. I have looked at the Canon EOS Rebel T7 with a 75-300 mm lens but that is about as far as I have got.
    Last edited by Texas Made; 06-01-2023, 12:49 PM.

Always liked the Sony A6 Series and A7 Series.

Comment

I think most of the name brands will do what you want.For the long range the lens is what will make the most difference.How far you are wanting to film will dictate the proper lens. telephoto lenses can get into the thousands quick

Comment

Look at the Sony A6400 with the 70-350 lens. Crop factor will equate this to 525 mm. It is more than your budget but made for video. It has a setting for allowing focus to follow the subject. Shot this with it. Look used at mpb.com.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5T1eOkydBY"]Attwater's Prairie Chicken 5 14 2020 - YouTube[/ame]
        Last edited by Bill M; 06-01-2023, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I have been looking at the Canon EOS Rebel also. Any negative things about this camera ?

Comment

Found a deal on a Nikon D3200. No extras, just the camera body and the 18-55mm lens. Worth $200. ? Is this a good camera for a newbe ?

Comment

Working...
            X