Spring bird migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
    Always love your pictures, you have a good eye for capturing your subjects at just the right moment.
    Same here, they're always awesome.

Comment

Just saw your pics, Bill. The birds won't disappoint in Quintana and surrounding areas especially during spring migration.

Phenomenal pics btw.

Comment

Love those painted buntings !
        have one here that comes on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post

Same here, they're always awesome.
          Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
          Just saw your pics, Bill. The birds won't disappoint in Quintana and surrounding areas especially during spring migration.

Phenomenal pics btw.
          Originally posted by sasqy View Post
          Love those painted buntings !
          have one here that comes on occasion.
          Thanks, guys. The Texas coastal area is a phenomenal bird migration location, all of it pretty much. Spring is better than fall. We still have painted buntings around but I haven't been able to see another here at home. I hope that changes over the coming years.

Comment

Great shots of the birds in the water. Focus and clarity are fantastic.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Thanks again! I did get Painted Buntings all through August on the return trip to Mexico for the winter. Much more activity than in the spring.

Comment

besides the water, do you put out feed to attract them?

Comment

Bill could you message me what it took and how ya built that water feature? I'd like to do something similar
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                      Bill could you message me what it took and how ya built that water feature? I'd like to do something similar
                      Thanks
                      I'll post the link to the build here. I bought a solar pump for the water and added a battery and charge controller so I can control when it runs and have power when there is no sun. I am getting ready to enlarge the pond after the hummingbird migration finishes. One thing I will do differently is dig down instead of putting the levee up. When I expand mine I will do that.

Comment

I do occasionally throw out seed and sometimes use seed blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                          I do occasionally throw out seed and sometimes use seed blocks.
                          We keep 5 seed feeders going year round as well as 2 suet block cages thru the winter. I have a japanese persimmon tree that the fruit doesn't ripen until late December. Birds swarm the persimmons when it gets really cold and the sugar they get from the ripe persimmons helps them on their way.

Comment

When Robins attack. Migrating thru going south I guess. They always stop by for a snack. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.pan...30959076914370 If only there was someone like Bill who could capture these and do them justice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201206_172309.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	26598439 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210217_074521.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	26598440

Comment

Let’s see some new pics, this Spring!
                              Love that water feature, Bill. I need to do something like that.

Comment

Awesome Photos and thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X