Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rural Texas Evening...better watch your step.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rural Texas Evening...better watch your step.

Since the time change has ushered in longer days, I've been ending my evenings with a ride on the SXS for a sunset cruise. Usually I'll look for deer or pigs and eventually end up parked somewhere to watch the sunset and wind down for the evening.

Around The House__465_April 19, 2023_290A9590.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

While the sunsets have been great the past few days the not so great part of Texas has been making its presence known. In just the past 24 hours I've spotted three copperheads and a rat snake. Those further from home as well as the non venomous variety will see live to see another sunrise.

This little guy was only slightly aggressive, while he did strike a few times (I think we were both a bit jumpy initially) he seemed more content to just keep me in front of him as I moved around him snapping photos.

Copperhead Crossing Road__407_April 18, 2023_290A9460-Edit.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Copperhead Crossing Road__230_April 18, 2023_290A9283-Edit.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Cool pics.

Comment

Definitely snake time

Comment

I like snakes, I just dont like finding them on accident.Great Shots

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Nicely done Chris!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Dang, you couldn't find anything better to take a picture of ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                I like snakes, I just dont like finding them on accident.Great Shots
                Thank you. Agreed, I'd prefer not find/see them at all. They give me the heebeejeebies.

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Great pics!
                Thank you!

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Nicely done Chris!

Sierracharlie out....
                Thank ya sir!

Comment

Wife and I were in the yard today and a hawk swooped down and landed about 20 feet away and was looking at the ground carefully — I figured it was looking for a lizard and then I saw a coral snake about 15” long crawling towards us. Wife was “Kill it, kill it” and I just chased it into some decorative mondo grass.

Comment

Working...
                  X