Lens Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens Recommendation

I haven’t really gotten the Nikon out in a few years. iPhone is just so dang easy. Nephew plays football now and my daughter is getting into gymnastics so I’ve hit a spot the phone just can’t handle. Thinking about an f/2.8 200mm+ lens. Need to be able to get fast shots from a distance. What brand? Nikon, Tamron, Sigma? I don’t mind non Nikon lenses if the quality is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great all around lens is a 70-200 f2.8. I shoot Canon R (mirrorless) but the the older EF / DSLR stuff is still relevant and good glass. You can pick up a decent used set up for reasonable prices now.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryHoyt View Post
      A great all around lens is a 70-200 f2.8. I shoot Canon R (mirrorless) but the the older EF / DSLR stuff is still relevant and good glass. You can pick up a decent used set up for reasonable prices now.
      I second the 70-200 2.8. Go to KEH.com and you should be able to pick up a used Nikkor with a warranty at a very reasonable price.
      That lens is a workhorse for the photographer doing just the kind of photography you are talking about.
      When I was shooting Nikon, that was the lens that was on my camera body 90% of the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go Nikon 70-200VR II. I agree, go to either www.keh.com or www.fredmiranda.com and pick one up used.

Comment

Working...
        X