Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post

Thanks. That's a new one on me.
    To be honest, they all look like little brown birds until I get them into Lightroom.

Comment

Cool pic

Comment

Keep at it and you find improvement. Sony has so many different types of focus points. I can tell you that I use a small single point for static or slow subjects including birds and wide focus for action or birds in flight. I don't normally use any type of tracking. I have the static focus set up on the AF/ON button and the wide focus set up on the shutter button.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Going into my 4th year as a Sony user. Also, look for videos from Mark Galer, Mark Smith or Gary L. Friedman. I first read a book by the latter when brand new to Sony. I'm not sure if they all have anything on a7IV or not but there are bound to be stuff out there since this version of the a7 has been anticipated for a while now. Good luck.

One other thing, do you host your photos somewhere?

Comment

Play a call at the ruby-crowned kinglet and it will show you the red.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
            Keep at it and you find improvement. Sony has so many different types of focus points. I can tell you that I use a small single point for static or slow subjects including birds and wide focus for action or birds in flight. I don't normally use any type of tracking. I have the static focus set up on the AF/ON button and the wide focus set up on the shutter button.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Going into my 4th year as a Sony user. Also, look for videos from Mark Galer, Mark Smith or Gary L. Friedman. I first read a book by the latter when brand new to Sony. I'm not sure if they all have anything on a7IV or not but there are bound to be stuff out there since this version of the a7 has been anticipated for a while now. Good luck.

One other thing, do you host your photos somewhere?
            Hey Bill,

I notice I get a lot more noise, not sure if that is a result of the higher megapixels. I'm waiting on more videos on the a7iv, but usually look to Tony Northrup. I can try those other guys too. I also read Fred Miranda forums. I need to assign buttons and setup the quick menu, but haven't yet. No site hosting. I only have a dozen or so photos out of about 10,000 shots I'd share.

Comment

Good stuff. I dabbled into photography last year but hope to get more involved this year

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                Hey Bill,

I notice I get a lot more noise, not sure if that is a result of the higher megapixels. I'm waiting on more videos on the a7iv, but usually look to Tony Northrup. I can try those other guys too. I also read Fred Miranda forums. I need to assign buttons and setup the quick menu, but haven't yet. No site hosting. I only have a dozen or so photos out of about 10,000 shots I'd share.
                It is a result of the higher megapixels. When I mentioned exposing to the plus side early, that helps somewhat.

I am familiar with Tony but Mark Smith is more the type of shooting I do. Galer is just very knowledgeable. Look me up on the Fred Miranda forums. I'm posting under the 200-600, 100-400 and Sony birds and wildlife threads. There is a lot of good info there and helpful people. Some hacks too.

Assigning buttons is a game changer. I have certain settings that I normally shoot at in the custom modes as well.

Sent you a PM.

Bill

Comment

Beautiful pictures!

Comment

Very nice photos

Comment

Working...
                    X