What camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What camera?

Hey guys looking to step up into the photography world what camera would you suggest around 500 or 600 dollars

One camera I can suggest highly if you are just getting into DSLR is the Nikon D40. I just recently got my daughter into photography and she knew very little about it.
    It is simple enough that you can keep in on auto and take exceptionally good pictures but yet it has most of the functionality of the higher priced DSLR's.
    It is smaller in size than most DSLR's so it fits easily into your pack and it is light. Having said that, it is not a camera that you are going to want to be real rough with as I would imagine it would not hold up to a lot of abuse.
    A website I would recommend is www.kenrockwell.com. He has a lot of information on the D40 but also has great information about photography in general.
    Since I am a Nikon shooter, I can't give you a lot of information about Canon but they make great cameras as well. I would recommend though that if you are going to get into it, go with either Nikon or Canon.
    As you get more into it you will want to invest in good lenses. One thing I tell people who ask is that you are better off spending more money on good glass than on the camera body because the photos you take will only be as good as the lens in front of the camera is capable of producing.
    Good luck, you will really enjoy it!

Comment

My recommendation in that price range...

Nikon's are good cameras as well.

Comment

Working...
      X