Deal or No Deal - Nikon D80??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal or No Deal - Nikon D80??

I received a Nikon D40 for Christmas and took it back because I thought I could upgrade with a little shopping, plus, she paid too much at $549, they went on sale at Walmart the day after Chiristmas for $449.

Anyhow, I found a D80 with an extra lens (DX AF-S 18-135 1:35-5.6G ED) at Circuit City for $630. It has all the supplies with it as well.

I think I am going to pick it up just to have it. My buddy is on the Nikon ProStaff and as long as I have a receipt, he has the warranty center info that I can use.

What do you guys think?

That's $100 less than B&H. Is it new? I was in Circuit City yesterday and there were a couple deals on cameras.

Is that in the box? If so, definitely a deal.

Comment

Mike that's a deal if it's new. If they are $100. less than B&H your not going to find a better deal. Unless you buy it off of one of the shady web sites that sells cameras - but don't!

Comment

It is a new camera but it is missing the manual. It has the all the other paperwork, cords, charger and such but it seems that someone took the manual. I am sure I can pick one up somewhere.

They also have a 70-300mm VR Lens that I can pick up for $402. I found them on Ebay for about $485.

Should I get the telephoto lens as well?

Comment

Take the deal!!!!!!

Comment

I'd get both of them if i were you. The manual for the D80 is online.

Comment

That is a good deal on both!

Comment

That is a good deal. Don't worry about the manual, they are worthless anyway and you can download it if you need it off of many photography sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  It is a new camera but it is missing the manual. It has the all the other paperwork, cords, charger and such but it seems that someone took the manual. I am sure I can pick one up somewhere.

They also have a 70-300mm VR Lens that I can pick up for $402. I found them on Ebay for about $485.

Should I get the telephoto lens as well?
                  I gotta thank you, I just got back from circuit city with my 70-300. Thats a great deal for 402. Thanks again for the heads up.

Comment

Any of you guys seeing Canon goods in these stores? I can't find any lenses.

Comment

Casey,,,There were a lot of Canon goods in Port Arthur. We are going again this evening, I will drop a line with what I see.

Comment

I bought a Cannon 75-300 here one of 2 they had.

Comment

I just got back from the Port Arthur Circuit City, when I rolled up to the doors at 6:30 they stated they were closed until further notice. I know there are things left via an insider with Verizon that works in that Circuit City. I am planning on stopping by there tomorrow AM and then heading to Beaumont to see what they have left.

I will keep you guys posted on what I find.

Comment

Working...
                          X