Takes a lickin'............not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year I ruined my $1000 Nikon D50 when I discovered it floating in the bottom of a raft as I fly fished the Arkansas River in Colorado. After two days in rice, it actually came back to life and takes pictures with an occasional hiccup ok since then. Just got back from kayaking the Devil's River and destroyed my point and shoot when I managed to turtle the kayak trying to retrieve a lure out of a Huisache tree. That's a lot of money down the drain. Any insight into the best photo quality on WATERPROOF point and shoots for kayak trips?

Olympus "Tough" series.

I have had good luck with them being waterproof. I upgrade them every 3 years or so.

I also have a bright orange floating wrist strap on it. Helps if it slides overboard to find it again. http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Foam-F...ing+Foam+Strap
    Last edited by Gummi Bear; 05-21-2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Watching

My little Nikon I keep in my pack or tackle bag has quit and needs replacing

Comment

Pentax WG series. They're pretty tough and "waterproof" if you keep the seals on the ports in good condition. Look at Olympus also. Their WP shock resist point and shoot was pretty highly rated back when I got my Pentax.

Comment

I second the Pentax or Olympus waterproof series.

I have an older Fuji waterproof camera that takes decent pictures, but I wish I had spent the extra money at the time for one of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            Olympus "Tough" series.

I have had good luck with them being waterproof. I upgrade them every 3 years or so.

I also have a bright orange floating wrist strap on it. Helps if it slides overboard to find it again. http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Foam-F...ing+Foam+Strap
            Have the Olympus use it while kayaking a lot also use my I-phone with Life proof case. No problems to date

Comment

olympus

Comment

Working...
              X