Buying a new camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a new camera

I want a great camera with one excellent zoom lens. Looking at spending $2000 for the set up. What should we go with? Taking pics of kids playing, sports, scenery, family photos etc
    What setup should I buy

This kit

That is a great deal for a DX formatted camera, which is what I think you should start with.
    Technically they just "upgraded" that model (to a 7200), but the Nikon 7100 is a highly rated camera. (and right now it is on sale! you are going to same $400 because they have a newer model)
    And that lens that it comes with is a great starter lens for family pictures, it is wide so you will be able to get some scenic shots in with it.
    Plus it is a kit so you will get lots of extras (battery, bag, cleaners, grip, charger..)

You are going to learn what type of lenses you would like to add to your bag over time, so I wouldn't invest in a high dollar one until you are sure!

I shoot with a Nikon, so naturally I would recommend a Nikon Camera, maybe a Canon shooter will chime in with another option if you are interested in Canon over Nikon.

And if you haven't ever shot a manual camera, I highly recommend reading this book!

Comment

You can't go wrong with Canon or Nikon. I shoot a Canon 60d with a verity of lenses and love it. The kit lens it came with is not bad either. But my go to lens for now is the 24-105

Try borrowing on or there are placed to rent cameras as well.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X