New Camera Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Camera Purchase

After well over a year of research (and saving up money), I finally was able to purchase a new Canon 6D along with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I am loving it so far, and I'm excited to attempt some astrophotography with it soon! In the meantime, I've been taking a few photos and thought I'd share some. Not the greatest shots, but it's quite a bit different from the Sony DSLR's I've been using. Now time to save up for some more glass... lol

[IMG]IMG_0533 by BevoStevo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0524 by BevoStevo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0521 by BevoStevo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0516 by BevoStevo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0505 by BevoStevo, on Flickr[/IMG]

Great pics!

Comment

And the never-ending search for more glass begins......

Congrats on the new toys!

Comment

Thanks atchunter and Shane! I really am only interested in 2 more lenses: a wide angle such as the 20mm f/2.8 and then a 70-200mm, either f/2.8 or f/4 depending on how much money I can save up. With the high ISO performance of the 6D, I think the f/4 version would work ok.

Comment

Very nice! I love the train bridge photo!! I would get a canon 70-200 next.

Comment

Very nice! I need to get a prime lens!

Comment

I shoot with a 6D as well, it's a great camera. But good glass is way more important. I advise you save up and get the best you can!

That said, the 50mm 1.8 can't be beat for $100.

Great pictures, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                I shoot with a 6D as well, it's a great camera. But good glass is way more important. I advise you save up and get the best you can!

That said, the 50mm 1.8 can't be beat for $100.

Great pictures, by the way!
                Yes, I definitely agree with you there about good glass being way more important. I've seen nothing but great reviews about the 20mm f/2.8. I'm looking out for a used 80-200mm f/2.8 or a 70-200mm f/4 or f/2.8. I'll probably be getting the wide angle first because a good friend of mine has a 70-200mm I can borrow when I need to.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment

Comment

nice

Comment

Oh, and so it begins......

I have a new 70D after shooting a 20D for about 10 years. Then the itch started, got the 70-200 IS, 1.4x, had the 20 2.8, bought the 24-105 and just yesterday pulled the trigger on the 100-400 II......My girls both have the 20D bodies and shoot side by side with me and we have a blast, nice to be able to share the glass and the memories...Great pics by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Swanyriver View Post
                      Oh, and so it begins......

I have a new 70D after shooting a 20D for about 10 years. Then the itch started, got the 70-200 IS, 1.4x, had the 20 2.8, bought the 24-105 and just yesterday pulled the trigger on the 100-400 II......My girls both have the 20D bodies and shoot side by side with me and we have a blast, nice to be able to share the glass and the memories...Great pics by the way!
                      Thank you very much! What are your thoughts on the 20 f/2.8? Oh, and let me know if you ever feel the need to sell the 70-200. lol

Comment

Well, my new (to me) 20mm f/2.8 was delivered yesterday. Haven't had a chance to put it to the test yet, but just looking through the finder in my house, it provides a completely different perspective than anything I've ever used before. 20mm on a full frame camera is pretty wide! lol I'll be sure to share some shots as soon as I get to take it out and have some fun with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X