Recommend a new Nikon body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a new Nikon body

Ive got a D3100 and the kit 18-55 and the 55-300 lenses. I plan on trading or selling these to upgrade to a new body. It doesn't have to be full frame right now but am not against that at all. I'm wanting something around 6 fps and good low light ISO. I'm currently using the Sigma 70-200f2.8 and the Nikon 35mm prime f1.8. Ive read a lot but cant get a good hold on what I want, was hoping someone could chime in on a good body I could pick up with this trade and a couple hundred in cash. Muchas Gracias!

I just bought a refurbished D7100 off of B&H for about $699. Pretty decent camera and has a 1.3x crop mode on top of regular DX.

Comment

That's a better deal than I can get at Houston Camera exchange! The 7100 was one I was looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
        I just bought a refurbished D7100 off of B&H for about $699. Pretty decent camera and has a 1.3x crop mode on top of regular DX.
        I was thinking 7100. But I think the 7100 is a 1.5x crop.

Comment

7100 is a 1.5x crop but has the 1.3x crop option on top of that to crop that an additional to a 4800 x 3200 image. Gives an effective focal length of 2x full frame.

Comment

..ttt

Comment

If you want to save yourself some $, I have a D7000 I can make a great deal on along with the following...

Matching Nikon battery grip

sigma 17-50mm f/2.8

tokina 11-16mm also in f/2.8

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the 7000 or 7100. The 7100 is a little more complex and takes some getting used to.

Comment

Bonesplitter

My daughter wants the wide Tokina but I'm selling the D7000, mid range sigma 2.8 and battery grip.

I'm thinking $600 for all three. Or split the lens out for $300.

Easily $1000 worth of gear.

I kind of like the idea of keeping it as a back up so no pressure either way.

Comment

Sounds like a heck of a deal. Is the sigma 17-50 the OS version? Give me a week or so to try and get some funds together!
                      Last edited by Bonesplitter; 03-09-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

What's the shutter count?

Comment

I believe it's 24,000ish but I'll verify tonight.

Comment

If you are interested in the Tokina, I have one in the classifieds!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                              If you are interested in the Tokina, I have one in the classifieds!
                              I am, not sure I can swing it just yet. Thanks , I'll check back and see if you still have it when I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X