Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great!! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

I got the Sigma 16-28mm 2.8 last spring for my Canon and absolutely love it. Half the price of the Canon equivalent

Comment

Looks great, Steven.

With my full frame, I find my 50mm Sigma on it almost always for walking around. I'll be curious to see how you're using it once you've gotten the feel for it.

Can't wait to see what you produce.

Comment

That's a cool photo. Almost has an HDR look to it, at least it does on my smartphone. Nice job!

Comment

I'm looking at a full frame Canon, and the costs involved with lenses.

This article explains a lot:
            DX, full-frame, APS-C, FX, crop factor, 24x36, image circle. Confused yet? Here's what you need to know about Full Frame vs Crop Sensor decision

By the way, I'm looking at the images above on a really good monitor here at work. One word, great! I'd save large bucks on the Tamron/Canon mount.

Comment

No a great photo but a good gear test

Work stuff-2 by legdog, on Flickr

Comment

Steven, it sure looks like you, that new camera and new lens are gonna make a GREAT team. Very nice, brother!

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                I'm looking at a full frame Canon, and the costs involved with lenses.

This article explains a lot:
                DX, full-frame, APS-C, FX, crop factor, 24x36, image circle. Confused yet? Here's what you need to know about Full Frame vs Crop Sensor decision

By the way, I'm looking at the images above on a really good monitor here at work. One word, great! I'd save large bucks on the Tamron/Canon mount.
                I've been thinking the same thing that this writer says. I'll keep my crop 7D until I'm through chasing Zach's sports. Then I will probably answer the call of the full frame body for landscapes and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Steven, it sure looks like you, that new camera and new lens are gonna make a GREAT team. Very nice, brother!

I've been thinking the same thing that this writer says. I'll keep my crop 7D until I'm through chasing Zach's sports. Then I will probably answer the call of the full frame body for landscapes and such.
                  Shane, why not go full frame now and just use your 1.4 or 1.7 Tele extender with your 70-200 2.8?
                  That's what I have done and I don't miss my DX body. I am looking to upgrade to the D810 and with even more pixel count the quality degradation if needing to crop is minimal.
                  Just a thought.

Comment

A few from last night

Lee Harvey's & Granada by legdog, on Flickr

Lee Harvey's & Granada-9 by legdog, on Flickr

Lee Harvey's & Granada-7 by legdog, on Flickr

Lee Harvey's & Granada-6 by legdog, on Flickr

You get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      Shane, why not go full frame now and just use your 1.4 or 1.7 Tele extender with your 70-200 2.8?
                      That's what I have done and I don't miss my DX body. I am looking to upgrade to the D810 and with even more pixel count the quality degradation if needing to crop is minimal.
                      Just a thought.
                      I can't afford to give up a stop of light with the TC. 6man football fields have terrible lighting.

Comment

I can't afford to give up a stop of light with the TC. 6man football fields have terrible lighting.
                        I hear you. I did not realize it would be that dark at those games that one stop would make that huge of a difference.

Comment

Full frame buys you a lot with High ISO performance. Don't discount that.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                            I hear you. I did not realize it would be that dark at those games that one stop would make that huge of a difference.
                            I need 2 stops more light than what I can get at ISO 6400 and f/2.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              Casey, is ISO 6400 (for example) the same at f/2.8 with the same lens as it would be on a 7D, as far as exposure levels go? I know there would be less noise, but do the histograms still look the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                Very true. With the larger sensors in the FF bodies, the resolution/noise at higher ISO's is pretty spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                                X