SD card question for dslrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD card question for dslrs

Is there a big difference in SD cards? Are the High Performance cards really better?

the rating is a speed rating not a quality rating per se. so you might think of it like they are faster...not necessarily "better". for your dslr, you will need to have SD card that will save data at a rate that will support the speeds at which your camera will shoot multiple frames (factoring in the size of the built in buffer). for video capture, you will need a pretty fast card. hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post
      the rating is a speed rating not a quality rating per se. so you might think of it like they are faster...not necessarily "better". for your dslr, you will need to have SD card that will save data at a rate that will support the speeds at which your camera will shoot multiple frames (factoring in the size of the built in buffer). for video capture, you will need a pretty fast card. hope that helps.
      This is the way I understand it also. I have a SanDisk Ultra that is 95mbs and I can get around 18-20 shots that is lightning fast with my Nikon D7000 before it slows down. With just a standard card it will get about 6-7.
      I only use SanDisk cards in my DSLR.

Comment

Working...
      X