DSLR Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSLR Video

Ok guys, I have questions. I am wanting to start shooting some videos when I am out on the lease and eventually move into filming my own hunts. What would be the best DSLR Camera to shoot some video with. Obviously a traditional video camera would be ideal for actually filming hunts, but I am noticing a lot more people filming on DSLR. What is your experience ? What is your dos and don'ts ? What are your suggestions for equipment ? I guess just looking for the TBH communities advice on this one.

Anyone ?

Comment

Canon 60D is probably most popular for DSLR filming

Dave

Comment

Do you have any experience with it Dave ?? Is it pretty user friendly for someone who doesn't know much about video to begin with ?

Comment

Originally posted by RackstackerG5 View Post
          Do you have any experience with it Dave ?? Is it pretty user friendly for someone who doesn't know much about video to begin with ?
          Not in the least bit user friendly. If you are not a photographer (as in, you don't take a lot of still photos), your money would be much better spent on an actual video camera.

DSLRs have just now started taking decent video. Video cameras have been doing it for a very long time.

Just one man's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RackstackerG5 View Post
            I have a 60d and would not recommend it for video. It doesn't have auto focus when videoing so it can be a big pain. I you are just sitting it's not so bad, but if you plan on using it on a spot and stalk there are better options out there.

Comment

DSLR cameras have their pros and cons. Audio is the most challenging and next would smooth zoom. If you would like to chat about it send me a pm and I will give you my contact cell.

Comment

I think a lot of my video with the DSLR will be manual focusing and B-roll video for the most part. Im planning on putting it in my off season scouting pack and different small stuff like that.

Comment

The Canon T3i would be another DSLR option and I believe it has constant auto focus. And, cheaper the the 60D...

Dave

Comment

Where are you located? If you're close to SA you are more than welcome to check out my 60d

Comment

Im outside of Ft. Worth but travel a lot for work. My take you up on that 60D MySRT8U. I will be using manual focus for the most part so the Auto Focus isn't really an issue. I have seen videos with the auto focus on and its really choppy, not fluid at all. Thank you to everyone for your input and future input.

Comment

The 70D is the 60D's replacement. It has auto focus.

I use a 6D it is great for low light. Way better than any camcorder I've tried.

Comment

Here is a short video I made in low light.

Comment

Canon 70D would be the way to go for DSLR filming. It is a crop sensor so the lowlight capabilities are not as good as the 6d or 5d series cameras but with a good lens you can achieve much more than most camcorders. Here is a video I filmed with a 5dmkii. I didnt have autofocus on this camera so its not a camera to try self filming with.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

What about a GoPro?
                              Like Casey :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X