Coveted Wyoming Antelope Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coveted Wyoming Antelope Tag

I drew a coveted Wyoming Pronghorn Antelope tag for the area that has historically produced the largest trophy antelope in the state. I am very excited about it as it is a tag with very low drawing odds.

I was down in Denver last week for a couple days on business and decided to throw my camera in since I was driving in case I saw anything "interesting" on my way home. I came back through Laramie and up through Medicine Bow back into Casper.

We have had a really cool and wet spring with a lot of green grass so the horn growth for all of the animals should be really good this year up here. I stopped and took some shots of the buck antelope below and while he is not trophy quality, I am starting to think about the fall and will be getting out to my area soon to do some scouting.

The mounted buck below is the last Antelope I harvested in this same area a number of years ago and while a nice trophy, he is definitely on the smaller side of what is out there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Early Summer Pronghorn lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	25020096

Name:	Early Summer Pronghorn 1 lg.jpg
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	25020097

Name:	Early Summer Pronghorn 2 lg.jpg
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	25020098

Name:	Early Summer Pronghorn 3 lg.jpg
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	25020099

Name:	DSCN1045.JPG
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	25020100

Awesome.......congrats on the tag........

Comment

What area did you draw?
      Sounds like you went right by the ranch I usually go hunting on just south of Casper on 487.
      I didn't get drawn this year so its tough seeing these pictures. Just itching to go up there.

Comment

Congrats! Good luck on your hunt. Post pics!

Comment

Congrats on the tag!!!!!!

Comment

That is awesome, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
              What area did you draw?
              Sounds like you went right by the ranch I usually go hunting on just south of Casper on 487.
              I didn't get drawn this year so its tough seeing these pictures. Just itching to go up there.

I live here in Casper so I spend a lot of time out in the country you talk about up here. I went to college in Laramie so I can't tell you how many times I have driven that road. I do a lot of coyote hunting out there along with mule deer, elk and antelope as well. I actually took these pictures off 487. Lots of animals and the horn growth is good for this time of year.

My tag is actually in the southwest part of the state north of I-80.

Shane, I will definitely post pics.

Comment

So you'll be hunting around Kemmerer?

Comment

when I lived up there in the early 80's everyone that put in got drawn and for 10 more bucks you could buy more. there were tens of thousands of those goats. I have an 82 on my wall.

Comment

Nice mount!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      So you'll be hunting around Kemmerer?
                      Shane, no I will be further east more towards Rawlins.

Comment

Working...
                      X