Old Kodak camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Kodak camera

I bought this old camera yesterday at the antique shop across the street from Dublin Dr. Pepper. Just couldn't pass it up. I don't know anything about them, but they're cool. What can y'all tell me about these cameras and how to use them? I figure you can buy film for them somewhere. I thought it would be fun to take some pictures with it. I found the aperture and shutter settings. Do you need to focus, or is it just set on infinity? If so, how close can you get and stay in focus?

It's a Kodak No. 2 Folding Cartridge Premo.

wow, that is an old one. Don probably used one of these. He can tell all about it.

Comment

I didn't want to mention any names, but......

Comment

Hey! Don't you talk about my teacher like that! Actually, he is the only person I ever met that can call out f-stops and aperture settings just looking at the lighting. He don't need no stinking meters ....

Don, you still have this camera don't you

Comment

Great find..........That one may be a little too new for Don :-)

Comment

Cool score Shane!

Maybe a trip to the camera shop for a quick cleaning is in store? I bet it shoots some pretty decent pics.

I'm sure you found this site already but here's the specs:

Information about original f/Stops and Shutter Speeds of Kodak Box Cameras is here. The Brownie Camera Page is dedicated to past, present, and future Brownie photographers everywhere.

1926 was the last run of these "limited edition" folding cameras. May I recommend black and white?

Comment

Thats a nice camera!! I bet they are worth a little bit also!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks, Rob. I hadn't found that site yet. I haven't really researched anything much yet. I did see a few on eBay for just a few dollars. None had the leather case with them, but they're not high-dollar cameras apparently. I paid $25 without dickering any. Sweet little old lady, so I just paid the "sticker".

Rob, can you still buy film for them?

Comment

I saw where one guy was purchasing these from ebay and mounting a M42 screw mount to it and using it as a lense for his DLSR. The pictures looked cool too.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sony_al.../?search=kodak

Comment

Patrick, that is VERY cool stuff. I may have to try that. Never would have thought of it. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

It uses Kodak 120 film Shane.

Comment

Neat!

Comment

Shane, check this site out...click on "film" in the left column. Rob is correct...you need 120 film.

I have an old camera similar to that around here somewhere...I think it is a Leica; belonged to my wife's uncle.
                          Last edited by Burnadell; 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                            It uses Kodak 120 film Shane.
                            Thanks. It'll be fun seeing what I can get with it.

Comment

Have you seen this link?

Comment

Working...
                              X