Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read your Manuals!!

And read them well.

I bought my Oly E-510 body almost a year ago and read the manual but not close enough in some areas. This body has live view which I have rarely used. I participate in a 4/3rd's forum (Oly format) and yesterday in a thread someone mentioned going into 10X live view to help tighten focus. Light bulb and pull the manual. Dang and I've been trying to tighten focus the hard way!

Wildman I was thinking of selling the Bigma too until I found this little help on the camera so it gets a reprieve.

These were taken with the Sigma 50-500 at about 150 yds. and cropped. Not a lot of detail but focused well. Can't wait to have some at 50 yds.

looks to be a nice 8er.

Comment

I do believe you are getting it. Good job.

Comment

Very nice, Bill. But I don't think hiding behind that skinny tree is working. Looks like they see you.

Comment

what is live view and what does it do?

Comment

Thanks everyone except Shane!

Travis Live View is seen through the LCD screen on the back of the camera like the point and shoots have. I'm not positive but I believe and the users can confirm that the upper end Nikons have this also now. Check out the back view at this link.

Comment

Live View is an EXCELLENT function. Most of the new gen canon's have it also. I take all of my water drop shots using it. I also have the ability to zoom to 5x and 10x which makes an unbelievable difference when trying to make a tight focus.

Look at the LCD here... (Its not in playback mode)

Comment

I want to say mine has it but i haven't figured it out yet. I haven't figured out lots of things on mine. Guess I should read the maual.

Comment

Bill, now explain that in lay terms.

10x what? I have been playing with the live view on the 300 but what did you do that was different than letting the camera lock focus in live view?

Comment

Danny when I'm looking at the shot in live view I can zoom in 10X to help tighten the focus.

Good stuff to have Kevin, guess I need to study the other brands a bit.

Comment

Oh! With your zoom on the camera. I read that...... Guess I have to go check that out now too

Comment

texasag,

I think you have a 40D also, so to enable the mode do this:

Hit menu

Go to the 6th menu from the left and select "Live View Functions" or something like that

Enable Live View

Now when you are trying to take a picture, hit the "set" button in the middle of the dial and it should lock up the mirror and turn on the live LCD view.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                          Oh! With your zoom on the camera. I read that...... Guess I have to go check that out now too
                          With any lens if I'm reading you right. It's actually the live view that does the zooming in this instance.

Comment

I just checked mine on my 500mm, Bill.

I zoomed in all the way with the lens, focused auto, then I used the zoom button on the camera and got a LOT more close to my subject. It took the photo at 500mm but my view was more like 1000mm COOL TIP!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                              I just checked mine on my 500mm, Bill.

I zoomed in all the way with the lens, focused auto, then I used the zoom button on the camera and got a LOT more close to my subject. It took the photo at 500mm but my view was more like 1000mm COOL TIP!
                              I want to see!

Comment

Working...
                              X