Nikon SB700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikon SB700

I opened my SB700 flash yesterday to change batteries and found 2 batteries that had leaked I to the battery compartment.

I usually only run lithium batteries in it but was in the middle of shooting and didn't have any more lithiums so I dropped some alkalines in it until I could get some more.

Well now the flash won't power up. I took a brush and cleaned all of the visible corrosion out of the battery cells but I'm afraid it may be inside where I can't see it.

Best price I have found on a new one is $325 on Amazon. I'm sure there's no way this is covered under warranty but can it be repaired? If so where could I send it?

Are you sure you got the contact points clean enough? Might try a small wire brush or some steel wool just to be sure. Nor sure about the repair. Might call Arlington Camera and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      Are you sure you got the contact points clean enough? Might try a small wire brush or some steel wool just to be sure. Nor sure about the repair. Might call Arlington Camera and see what they say.
      That's the weird thing. I used it yesterday to shoot at my son's parade and game. It showed low batteries so I brought it home and that's when I found the leakage. I can't see any corrosion on the contact points themselves but it is very difficult to get to the contacts down in the battery compartment. It looks like the whole electronics section could be removed with some screws but they have a weird 3 sided screw holding it in.

Comment

Just a thought if you are looking at replacing it. I don't know anything about this deal or the seller but thought I would pass it on to you.

Comment

Working...
        X