New Camera for the Wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Camera for the Wife?

Gonna buy the wife a new DSLR camera for Christmas, only thing is I do not know much about them. She has a great eye for photography, she helps her friends out all the time doing family shots and senior pics and such, but she doesn't have a good camera to do it herself, and she wants one bad.

so I was looking on newegg at the canon's & nikons. Is there a preference on the GS for which brand and model?

I was looking at the below ones, but like a say, I'm not real sure what all this stuff means
    Canon EOS Rebel T3i
    Nikon D5100

Any other suggestions?

I have the Canon T1i and love it. The T3i has more megapixels than the old T1i. I believe 18 compared to the 15.5 in mine. I don't know anything about the Nikon but I'm sure it is a great camera. I would check out and see which one has the most lens options, because once you buy her one of these she'll be wanting different lenses.

Either one of your above two choices and she'll be happy.
    Last edited by billinkb; 11-04-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Canon mark ll 5D

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS-PSE View Post
        Canon mark ll 5D
        That one is a little bit out of my price range

Comment

Either of those would be a great choice for her.

I've shot both Canon and Nikon for the past 25 years, and they are both great.

Comment

I bought the Nikon for my wife. She loves it. Easy. Got it at Costco. Not sure if they have the same deal but it came with extra lens, SD card and remote.

Comment

I have the t3i and the 7D, the 7D obviously has the ability to do more but is a bit advanced for someone just starting and the price is also a factor. I would highly recomend the t3i.

Comment

T3i and 5100 both have the same sensors that are found in MUCH more expensive cameras, so the image quality can be the same. They just hide a lot of of the features on the less expensive bodies in the menus, as most amateurs won't use them anyway. Plus the cheaper bodies aren't weather sealed or have magnesium frames or a fast FPS frame rate. Again, not things most folks will miss....

Comment

Look at this package, I have this exact camera and does way more than I can even think of doing.

Comment

You cant go wrong with either of those! I'd let a little price shopping make my mind up.

Comment

Working...
                    X