No announcement yet.

Sigma 105mm 1:1 Macro EX DG - Canon Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin, what do you know about lens stacking? Have you tried it?

Comment

I was kinda hoping that my wife might pull the trigger today on a macro setup that consisted of the Canon 100 f2.8 and some Kenko extension tubes. Ya see, she's in New York for the weekend and she took my brand spankin' new 70-200 f2.8 L IS back to the B&H facility because the thing was overly soft. She reported back that while she did make the exchange on the lens she didn't do any shopping in the place because it was a madhouse! Her solution was to suggest she shop online when she got home. Freakin' lightweight!!!

It's still on my list. I have the macro bug (pun intended).

Comment

Too bad they didn't have a 100mm f/2.8 macro that came with a free tube of hand cream and a sample of perfume, huh? If she's anything like my wife, she would have clawed her way through the "madhouse" to get that.

Comment

I was in Taiwan last week and stopped by a few different camera stores. They have at least 20 high end camera shops in a single area. Wish I would have had more time to shop but with the weak dollar its hardly even worth looking.

I had literally 3 minutes to take photos between when I got home and left for early mothers day activities. Took the photos right at 5:10 which means I had decent light, but not spectacular due to the angle of the sun. I can't wait to have a few hours free to play with this more!

All shot between F8 and F13 and ISO400

Shooting with this lens hand held I have found that between the time I focus and click off the shot, i've moved slightly out of the extremely small area that is actually focused. Its near impossible to stay still to the mm!

Comment

Coming along nicely. Hurry up

Comment

Working...
            X