Opteka lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opteka lens

I saw these lens on amazon are they any good? I'm getting my first DSLR camera in a couple months (Canon T3) so I was checking out lens. Anyone use this brand?

I think for someone just starting out with a digital SLR this is a good lens to get. For someone who is used to Canon or Nikon lenses, they would be very disappointed. Opteka does make some interesting ones, including a very wide angle fisheye and some telephotos. If you have a local camera store that sells these, see if you can rent/borrow one before buying and give it a try. If you're not able to do that, I would go ahead and try one out with the understanding that eventually you will want something of a little better quality.

Comment

Not wanting to sound harsh but save your money and buy the best quality lens you can afford. IMO, the best money you will spend in the camera game is good glass.

Comment

I don't even know anything about the lens as I have never heard of them or how much they cost. I agree with Texun as well about buying the best you can afford even if that means putting it off a bit. I have a Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 and a Tamaron 11-16 f/2.8 that I like a lot for the money they cost/saved my over Nikon. They weren't cheap but certainly not Nikon money either.

I would say that there are some 3rd party lenses worth owning but honestly they are not Nikon high end quality in regards to build or picture quality. The build on them seem to be pretty decent and they operate just fine on my camera. It is an alternative if you don't want to drop 1000.00 plus on some Nikon/Canon lenses and if you are just and enthusiast they can serve you well. I do think 3rd party lens makers get a few of them right but not across the board as in you will have issues with them from what I have read o. The ones I bought came recommended/honest review from this site and their opinion was a very accurate description of what I got.

Comment

Working...
        X