Photo Contest #97: Back to Your Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Contest #97: Back to Your Roots

Thanks for the honor of getting to host this month's contest. As I drove home from work yesterday, I realized that as much as I love living in this concrete jungle known as Houston, I miss back home and the simple way of life. I want this contest to showcase what "your roots" mean to you. Here are two examples of what it means to me (I did not take the picture of the swing, but I'm not at my computer with my pictures).
    Attached Files

Strictly iPhone photos. I don't have one f them fancy cameras. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375446742.853428.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	24227159Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375446968.859470.jpg
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	24227161Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375447157.394099.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24227169Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375447201.822218.jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	24227172

Comment

Great topic. I'll see what I can dig up in the way of pics.

Comment

Awesome topic, and love that pic of the swing. Those iPhone pics are pretty sweet, regardless of your lack of fancy camera!(:

I'll have to think of something.

Comment

Here are a few I have. We used to eat at Big Pines Lodge on Caddo when we'd go visit my sister & her husband in Longview. I really liked their catfish. Too bad that place burned down. I've heard the new one isn't as good.

The other two are at the Steele Branch Cemetery (Wilson County, I believe). A bunch of my wife's family is buried there.
          Attached Files

Comment

"Home Away From Home"
            Attached Files

Comment

"Kicked Back"
              Attached Files

Comment

Cattle Drive

Took this last night (August 4, 2013) with my Iphone 4s while driving the side by side. We were leading our longhorns to the back pasture. They had been cooped up for a week solid after separating their calves from them last weekend when we worked cattle-- so they were ready to play & run to where the green grass was. The setting sun, made for an even cooler effect. We love our longhorns.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                  Took this last night (August 4, 2013) with my Iphone 4s while driving the side by side. We were leading our longhorns to the back pasture. They had been cooped up for a week solid after separating their calves from them last weekend when we worked cattle-- so they were ready to play & run to where the green grass was. The setting sun, made for an even cooler effect. We love our longhorns.
                  nice picture.

Comment

Also taken yesterday evening with my iPhone 4S. This is the registered herd silhouetted by the sunset.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375719287.519899.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24227970

Comment

Originally posted by NavyITBowHunter View Post
                      nice picture.
                      Thank you!

Comment

I like the pictures so far. Who else can show us your roots?

Comment

Is this the "Intro" thread, or "Entry" thread?

Comment

This would be the Entry thread. Guess I didn't really think about making two seperate threads. I'm new: forgive the ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by JCroft11 View Post
                              This would be the Entry thread. Guess I didn't really think about making two seperate threads. I'm new: forgive the ignorance.
                              Should probably be the INTRO thread as Im sure many of these previous pictures weren't taken this month.

Comment

Working...
                              X