No announcement yet.

Testing the Waters: Photography Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the picture have to be taken after the topic is given or can it be an old pic?

Comment

I'm in...

Comment

I am in. Lets get started.

Comment

Leggy, I got a prime 2.8 zoom and I am still screwing up shots!

The other thing is this.

I am still not seeing all the photos in a thread. Some show as a picture, others show simply as a string of text. That will have to be a fixer before this thing.

Comment

I like the idea of the pictures being taken after the theme is named not just out of some ones archives

Comment

Would it be possible to start a separate forum for this? Like we have for ATC, Hunting Reports, Classifieds, etc. May or not be possible, but this might help from getting these threads watered down.

Just a suggestion...

Comment

The boss man has the right idea.....Come on Jason and pick a theme! Times a wasting! Plus I have nothing better to do all day while in Alabama but to drive around a take pictures.........Need a reason to use all my new filters I have had for over a year only used two of the ten............LOL

Comment

I am in. I think that it would be better one pic and the pic would need to be taken after the theme is announced.

Comment

prime zoom?

are you sure?

Comment

I'll play!

I like the idea of the photos all going to one person to post all at once so it will all be anonymous. Jason, thanks for volunteering

Let's come up with a theme, a deadline date and stipulate that they all must be new photos; none from archives.

I REALLY like the idea of a new TBH Photography Forum. Casey, is this possible??

Come on Jason, nut up and make the call.

J.P.

Comment

The bozo brings this idea up, gets everyone all pumped up about the idea, and won't even come up with a theme.......

Comment

When the parameters of what we are going to do get worked out and if told to choose a theme I'll do so.

Right now I am thinking lime green houses with blue trim and bars on the windows.

Comment

Ok, how about this theme....."tight butts on bicycle seats?"

Howard do your magic

Comment

Theres a house like that around the corner from my house, heck I might have a chance at this one........

Comment

Best ideas so far (IMO):

1. Seperate TBH Photo forum
                                2. Monthly theme
                                3. One new shot per person as an entry/contribution
                                4. Jaspro picking the first April theme by 5:00pm today
                                5. Everybody else....no whining, just take some pictures and have fun

If there will be no judging or winner, then do we need a judge? Do we need anonymous postings if there is no contest aspect? I don't see the need, if we're going to post pics around a theme and simply admire and comment on them. That's cool with me too. Just fun and learning either way.

Maybe we could get Russell to comment on what he likes about any photo(s) in the group that catches his eye and/or what could be done to improve a shot or two that have potential. Would that be too close to a contest or judging, or would that be educational and helpful? I'd think it would be the latter, but what do y'all think?

Maybe we need two threads per month - one for critique and one for simply sharing the photos. That might prevent any hurt feelings. Everybody post their favorite on the sharing thread, and ONLY IF YOU WANT TO then also post your photo on the "critique wanted" thread.
                                Last edited by Shane; 04-16-2008, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X