Red-tailed Hawks, two color phases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red-tailed Hawks, two color phases

I have a varied area I can check out in south Colorado County. Lots of raptors and I found these two different Red-tailed Hawks yesterday while headed to El Campo. One is a juvenile I believe and the dark phase one is called a Harlan's RT Hawk.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Geese_A1_1-7-24-14-10-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	26686097

Click image for larger version  Name:	Geese_A1_1-7-24-9-6-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.7 KB ID:	26686088

Click image for larger version  Name:	Geese_A1_1-7-24-12-4-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.2 KB ID:	26686090

Click image for larger version  Name:	RT%20Hawk_A1_1-7-24-9-2-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	26686091

Click image for larger version  Name:	RT%20Hawk_A1_1-7-24-19-1-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	26686092

Click image for larger version  Name:	RT%20Hawk_A1_1-7-24-12-5-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	26686093
    Last edited by Bill M; 01-08-2024, 07:08 AM.

Beautiful

Comment

Love your pictures brother!

Comment

Once again Bill you have great captures!!! That bottom one with the beautiful eye looking at you is really nice!!! keep up the good work!!! When I get moved back up that way in another 6 months or so I am going to have to hook up with you and see how you do it!!!

Comment

Great caption of these hunters.

Comment

I appreciate your kind words, guys. Thanks. Another from the same day. I believe it is the same hawk as the first but later in the day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red-tailed%20hawk_A1_1-7-2024-3-X2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	26687343

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
              I appreciate your kind words, guys. Thanks. Another from the same day. I believe it is the same hawk as the first but later in the day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red-tailed%20hawk_A1_1-7-2024-3-X2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	26687343
              That one has a beautiful color to it.

Comment

Bill, as always, your Birds in Flight are amazing !

Comment

very nice

Comment

Great Pics!

Comment

Amazing Bird!! Great pictures!!!

Comment

great looking bird

Comment

Don’t know how you manage to capture all these great birds in flight. I’m too obtuse (or distracted) to notice much that goes on in my back yard.

Unless it’s a squirrel. Those things are tree rats and I hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by bfree View Post
                            Amazing Bird!! Great pictures!!!
                            Thanks.

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            Don’t know how you manage to capture all these great birds in flight. I’m too obtuse (or distracted) to notice much that goes on in my back yard.

Unless it’s a squirrel. Those things are tree rats and I hate them.
                            I go looking for them on purpose. I put down the guns, bows, and arrows several years ago because of health so this is how I hunt now. I live in a target rich environment now. Moved from Brazos Co. in 2022 to Colorado Co. Shot this a couple of days ago taking my wife to PT after a recent knee replacement.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bald%20eagle_A1_5-9-24-16-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	26789764

Comment

What kind of shutter speed do you use to capture a singular moment like the one above? I’m not sure my Nikon will do that!

Comment

Working...
                              X