Don't wait like I did - Buy a Camera!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't wait like I did - Buy a Camera!

I received a Fuji digital camera for christmas from my folks about 15 years ago that I used for duck and deer hunting and photos of my dog. Had a lot of fun until it was stolen a couple years later, and haven't had the urge for another since.

Life has been settling in nicely with a wife, 2 kids, new dogs, and different hunting scenery over the years, and the desire for a camera to help capture some better deer photos and action shots of the kids started growing this year. I finally bit the bullet, and bought a used Canon T5I with a load of batteries and 3 lenses to include a 75-300. I have really enjoyed it the last couple months, and I wanted to share some photos. I know nothing about the technical aspects of photography, but it sure is nice to take a decent photo that doesn't distort like hell when you zoom.
    Attached Files

Congrats on the new gear. Prayers sent for your checkbook, as the need for more lenses and upgraded camera bodies and such is never ending.

Comment

Good looking pictures.

Comment

Life is good around Mr. Chaseh’s house. You are very blessed, enjoy thos babies while you can.

Comment

You have a new to you camera, a good place to take pics, and two beautiful babies ! The world is your oyster ! Enjoy it before the kids turn into teenagers…..

Comment

How far is the buck in the second to last picture? The phone and binoculars method is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
              How far is the buck in the second to last picture? The phone and binoculars method is getting old.
              about 300yds. I agree with you, I even bought a bino adapter that held my phone, but it was not all it was cracked up to be. Used camera was defintely the way to go, and I should've done it way sooner!

Comment

I keep putting it off also, I can not for the life of me decide between a Sony RX10 1V, or a Nikon p1000. Quality, low light, and slow motion I know goes to the Sony, but the zoom advantage of the Nikon is really what I want. ( 99% will be videos) Those are good pictures, you took. I would be really pleased with them.

Comment

Nice shots, OP. I agree with you that anyone thinking about a camera, should investigate and buy one that suits their needs.

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  I keep putting it off also, I can not for the life of me decide between a Sony RX10 1V, or a Nikon p1000. Quality, low light, and slow motion I know goes to the Sony, but the zoom advantage of the Nikon is really what I want. ( 99% will be videos) Those are good pictures, you took. I would be really pleased with them.
                  First, let me say, that I'm biased due to being a Sony shooter. The RX10IV was my first Sony. It did a fine job and was my step away from Canon and into the world of Sony. It has a larger sensor than Nikon, 20+ MP vs 16+ MP. I couldn't find anything about the Nikon shooting in RAW mode but I know the Sony does. I would recommend reading up on optical and digital zoom and then look at the zoom on both cameras. Good luck with your decision and as the OP says, do it.

Having made the comments, I have seen some fine shots come out of the Nikons.

Here are a couple of shots from the RX10

Click image for larger version

Name:	RT%20hummingbird%205-4-18RX-22-XL.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	26686078

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferruginous%20Hawk%20rx%2011-28-18-8-XL.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	26686079

Comment

The nikon does shoot in raw. 125x zoom (3000 mm) vs 125x ( 600mm) in the Sony. Both of those are optical zoom ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      The nikon does shoot in raw. 125x zoom (3000 mm) vs 125x ( 600mm) in the Sony. Both of those are optical zoom ranges.
                      Good deal. At one time they didn't. Let us know what you end up getting.

Comment

Nice assortment of shots!

Comment

Working...
                        X