No announcement yet.

American bald eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out they raise their young here in Texas in December and January. That seems an odd time to me, but I guess that is when they migrate through. We have a pair spotted on a place with a nest hope to see some young in the nest soon.

Comment

Thanks for the additional looks and comments.

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
      I had one on my place yesterday. Was cloudy so my pics no where as good as yours are.
      Good you caught one.

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      Found out they raise their young here in Texas in December and January. That seems an odd time to me, but I guess that is when they migrate through. We have a pair spotted on a place with a nest hope to see some young in the nest soon.
      They will normally lay in December in SE Texas and hatch in January. They raise them through about March or as late as April normally. Most don't believe they go very far at all during migration. I saw where you are and they are pretty widespread. I used to go to Warren Lake pretty often until they breached the dam and let the level decline. Not sure where your nest is but would love to know if you are willing to share but understand if not. I know of several around here in Colorado Co.

Comment

One from the same sequence as in the OP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bald%20eagle_A1_11-23-23-33-X2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	26654633

Comment

my biddy has a nest in his tree on Lake Livingston. Federal Wildlife agents check the nest very year and give him a wildlife exemption. They catch in his cove and then eat on his deck and make a mess. But he says its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            my biddy has a nest in his tree on Lake Livingston. Federal Wildlife agents check the nest very year and give him a wildlife exemption. They catch in his cove and then eat on his deck and make a mess. But he says its worth it.
            Lucky him. I would imagine it would be worth it to me also. We camp on the north end of Lake Conroe every winter at Cagle Recreation Area in hopes of getting photos of them fishing. I have only got a couple of shots of that from a long distance. There is a nest there that I know of so I check it when there. I had an adult and two juveniles land right above me one morning and it took everything to ease around and get into position to get some shots through the tree I was near.

Name:	Bald%20eagle_A1_4-xx-22-208-X2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	26662096

Comment

This one landed very near where I had sat the morning before. The Palmetto above the inset pic is the same and the one behind my tripod leg.

Name:	Bald%20eagle_9_1-28-2022-38%20Bill%20combo-X2.jpg
Size:	702.8 KB
ID:	26662098

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                This one landed very near where I had sat the morning before. The Palmetto above the inset pic is the same and the one behind my tripod leg.

Name:	Bald%20eagle_9_1-28-2022-38%20Bill%20combo-X2.jpg
Size:	702.8 KB
ID:	26662098
                Super Cool. I have not seen them in person but he shows me pictures from his deck and you can hear them screech. Its an amazing sound to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post

Lucky him. I would imagine it would be worth it to me also. We camp on the north end of Lake Conroe every winter at Cagle Recreation Area in hopes of getting photos of them fishing. I have only got a couple of shots of that from a long distance. There is a nest there that I know of so I check it when there. I had an adult and two juveniles land right above me one morning and it took everything to ease around and get into position to get some shots through the tree I was near.

Name:	Bald%20eagle_A1_4-xx-22-208-X2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	26662096
                  That must NF a very rewarding hobby for sure? You have captured some very amazing photos, especially of the r wo young ones above with the adult bird. We have three ponds here in sequence, I saw one last Monday flying low at about 30’ in front of our house about 100 to 125 yds out. That’s the first time I have seen one flying that low here at home. They are beautiful birds no doubt.

Comment

Thanks, guys. They are majestic creatures and fun to watch and photograph.

Comment

One from yesterday out of the sunroof of the truck near home. Hope to find a landowner near me that has a nest and will allow me to photograph it and it's activity.

Name:	Bald%20eagle_A1_12-10-23-54-X2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	26662861

Comment

Working...
                      X