Best telephoto lens for under $400??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best telephoto lens for under $400??

Must fit a canon 7d but I'm new to this do not sure if there are good non-canon brands, and of there are brands to stay away from.

I would spend another $100 if it were me... I have this lens and it shoots good for a middle of the road lens, has produced some great shots for me... (Can find a good one used for your price range)

Comment

Check out Lensmate website. I have bought several of their telephoto lens and love them. Their customer service is very helpful if you have questions.

Comment

Let me go a different route.

If you ha to pair your 7d with one lens to cover as much as possible, what would it be? I will likely get a 50mm f1.8 prime lens too cause its cheap, but want something that I can use in addition with some width and some zoom?

Comment

How is the 18-200?

Comment

If I were you, I'd look around for a used Canon 70-200mm f/4L non-IS lens. If you're real lucky, you might find one for $400. You can probably find one for $500 fairly easy. Check photography-on-the.net in the Classified section.

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
              if i were you, i'd look around for a used canon 70-200mm f/4l non-is lens. If you're real lucky, you might find one for $400. You can probably find one for $500 fairly easy. Check photography-on-the.net in the classified section.

Comment

I bought myself the Canon 70-2002.8 L IS II for Christmas, which means I'll be selling my 70-200 f/4 L non IS. I haven't researched it, but I'm thinking $450 is the right price.

That said, I think you'll need something in the 18-50 mm range for a "carry" lens. I've frequently wished I could get a good 18-300 with a low aperture and under $400 (oh, and compact and lightweight), but unfortunately it just doesn't exist! I think, as a hunter, you'll be dissatisfied with a lens that is likely f/5.6 at the long zoom range.

Michael
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                X